*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Blocked rocker cover breather ?

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Blocked rocker cover breather ?

Postby frankiebateman » Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:58 pm

I’m looking for some advice if anyone can help. I have slight back pressure on my mk7 2.2 FWD I have had new injectors, seals and copper rings fitted (Seals have been done twice) I have replaced the PRV and SCV last year (This was when the injectors were replaced)

I still have back pressure on the engine which is quite noticeable the final thing for me to check before I go down the pistons and rings is the rocker cover breather filter. I removed the breather pipe today and there’s no pressure or suction coming from it at all could this be the problem? I also removed the oil cap to see if there was any change there whilst the breather pipe was off but no change

Thanks!
frankiebateman

Re: Blocked rocker cover breather ?

Postby tranmx2 » Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:26 pm

If there is no pulsating at the oil filler cap orifice then there's very little pressure passing the rings or valves/stems.
For pressure to be in the crankcase/rocker box the engine may need to be at operating temp' and at 1200 + rpm.

I also removed the oil cap to see if there was any change there whilst the breather pipe was off but no change - could be the pressure (low pressure) is going out of the breather pipe so none noticed at the oil filler cap orifice.
If combustion gasses/pressure is present it is noticeable.
Too much oil in the crankcase might also show as pulsations at the oil cap orifice.

What do you mean by back pressure? How do you know there is back pressure?
The MAP indicates pressure in the inlet system - turbo out let to inlet manifold.
If a DPF is fitted there are pressure sensors fitted at the front and back of it.

Forscan can show what these pressures are.
2012 MK 7 E 5 100-350 3.5 XLWB RWD Duratorq 2.2L CR TC 14 DSL 100/125 PS E5 DPF BCM PCM RCM
Was DRRB 74 KW 100 HP 100 cv. Now CYR5 125 HP. PCM could still be for 100 HP.
There's more letters after a Transit than a military man :lol:
tranmx2
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits