*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Mk7 loss of power

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Mk7 loss of power

Postby Jasons1838 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:49 pm

Hi
Great forum - the advice on here has has saved me a few Bob over the years.

I have a problem with my 2008 Mk7 t330 fwd van and I'm wondering if anyone can help point me in the right direction.
It's suffering from power loss when accelerating once warm. It's gradually getting worse.

When it started it would be just a blip but now it's more like you will be driving along and then put your foot flat to the floor and nothing happens.
When you turn the engine off and restart it it starts fine and the problem seems to go away for a few miles.
It's starting to get a bit iffy as when you go to pull away at a roundabout you never know if you have the power to pull away quickly enough !

I did have Martyn at vantuner change the prv and scv and do the updates around 3.5 to 4 years back as it was hunting and stalling when coming to a stop at a junction.
Also had a new egr valve around 2-3 years back from my local garage (non genuine part I think).
I changed the fuel filter with a genuine ford one around 5 months back.

There are no codes showing and no lights on (had a fella check for me when he replaced the brakes a couple of weeks back).
It does appear that the injector seals need replacing as it is slightly damp on the tops of them so I will need to get that sorted but I was wondering if there are any members with IDS that are a bit handy in the Hertfordshire area - I'm in Borehamwood - that I could take it to as I would much rather pay them than have my pants pulled down at Ford's !

Looking at other posts it does sound like it could be the scv but don't really want to throw tons of money at parts that don't need changing.

Any help or advice would be great guys
Jasons1838

Re: Mk7 loss of power

Postby knobby1 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:30 pm

Get yourself Forscan, an ELM-327 and check for faults etc yourself. Less than 20 quid will see you sorted.

Turbo actuator sticking maybe..?? Pretty common.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Jasons1838 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:46 am

Wow that was quick - and from the other side of the world !

I will have a look into the forscan and elm reader.

If it's a sticky actuator will that likely throw up a code ?

Cheers
Jasons1838

Postby knobby1 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:25 am

Jasons1838 wrote:Wow that was quick - and from the other side of the world !

I will have a look into the forscan and elm reader.

If it's a sticky actuator will that likely throw up a code ?

Cheers

Not if it's a wastegate type turbo.....they don't have a sensor to monitor their position....but possibly throw a low MAP/MAF pressure/flow readings. You don't have to have a fault light on to have fault codes stored.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Jasons1838 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:16 pm

Ahh ok I never knew that. As I said the mechanic checked for me just over 2 weeks ago when he was doing some other work and said there were no codes showing but that may not be the case now then.

Will look into the forscan and reader later this evening - just got in from work and freezing me bits off !

Thanks very much for your reply knobby1
Jasons1838

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits