*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

New Mk7 Engine malfunction?

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Re: New Mk7 Engine malfunction?

Postby super-spark » Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:31 pm

It sounds the same as mine, red light and reduced power. It was the fuel pressure relief valve and something in the pump.
coconut will know the exact terms/part names.
All is well for now :)
280 140 LIMITED+EXTRA TOYS MWB Med Roof, Mapped
I love my trannie and she don't answer back

super-spark
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby lostpaul67 » Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:47 pm

Doesn't have to be when under load or coming on boost it just does it whenever the hell it feels like it. Let the glowplug light extinguish this morning then drove through town then off to Reading (180 mile round trip) and wow will now go a little faster but still the dreaded beep about 30+ times. My local stealer appears to think it is ok for me to turn back the ignition on the motorway, in the dark and drop to sidelights for a few seconds to reset the system, auto lights a waste of time because when you do this in the dark you disappear off the radar.
I think my van is brilliant but just want Ford to fix it. :( :?
T260/130ps Glx
My Mk7 Ford Transit161k miles
lostpaul67
GLX Posse - Founder member

Postby super-spark » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:55 pm

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=23713

Same problem as yours.
Get them to fix it :D
280 140 LIMITED+EXTRA TOYS MWB Med Roof, Mapped
I love my trannie and she don't answer back

super-spark
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby lostpaul67 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:20 pm

Thanks for your help they will get it back tomorrow. Not really right when the customer has to tell the dealer what is wrong and how to fix it. Ho ho ho here I come E
vans Halshaw Ford Portslade, Brighton
T260/130ps Glx
lostpaul67

Postby Victer van man » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:00 pm

lostpaul67 wrote:Hi All,
Just joined today and what a great place for info, I have a T260 130bhp GLX in Tonic on a 56 plate.Bought for £13k in Nov06 with 3500 miles from local dealer (ex-demo)
First of all what a brilliant van loved it like one of my kids but now if Ford don't sort out its problem its getting jammed throttle and going through the showroom doors.
At 2 months old started getting red light,beep,engine malfunction so off to dealer worried I had bust it, got the usual apologies and was told nothing wrong but fault codes found and reset, phew worry over, ha ha ha really. Twelve months later on and after maybe doing this once or twice a week it has now manifested into 30+ times a day, I have to just touch the throttle and accelerate slower than a taxi driver to finally get upto 70mph whilst watching every other van ever made come flying past me and then without pressing the throttle any more or less comes that goddam beep from the dash and the people driving behind who want to know why I lifted on a straight road for nothing bloody obvious.
Could go on all night about this but to cut a long story short its been back into Ford about 10 times the latest being today when with great fanfare they announced they knew what was wrong and fitted an apparently rare at this time EGR valve, well, nice warm engine approach the road with much trepidation, first gear,second gear and BEEP,RED LIGHT,NO POWER,ENGINE MALFUNCTION!!!!! 100 yards off the Dealer forecourt, normal engine restart and a very short trip back to the dealer who had the most amazed look on his face and has now promised to speak to Ford Technical on monday. Starting to think my old 230,000 mile Courier van could come back.

your lucky I'm on me 3rd EGR in 13 months
[b]Jumbo driver's go the distance[/b
Victer van man
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby coconut » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:02 pm

Victer van man wrote:your lucky I'm on me 3rd EGR in 13 months

Well, we had 19 EGR valves turn up at work yesterday, so guess what I'm gonna be doing tomorrow :roll: :roll:
I miss my 'courtesy van'............140 Glx..now a Jumbo :(
coconut
Ford Technician

Postby Victer van man » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:08 pm

I've heared its a s**t job to do mines in again thursday cos managment light comes on and off like a bloody lighthouse,and a turbo whistle again
[b]Jumbo driver's go the distance[/b
Victer van man
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby coconut » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:21 pm

They aint the nicest of things to change, got the RWD's down to about 15 minutes now :D , but get cut to pieces doing them :evil:

Is yours a 140ps? (it makes the whistle even more noticeable on the 140's) if so, then it probably needs this SSM doing to it..

19825 - TRANSIT - TURBO WHISTLING NOISE
SOME TRANSITS (ESPECIALLY 140 PS VARIANTS) MAY EXHIBIT TURBO WHISTLING NOISE DURING ACCELERATION. THIS MAY BE CAUSED BY GAS LEAKAGE AT TURBOCHARGER TO EXHAUST MANIFOLD JOINT DUE TO INSUFFICIENT SEALING OF THE GASKET. THIS CAN BE VERIFIED BY EXAMINING THE FLANGE & STUDS FOR SOOTING AND GASKET & FLANGE FACES FOR EVIDENCE OF GAS LEAKAGE (VERY CLEAN AREAS WHERE THE HOT GASES HAVE ESCAPED).IF NO OBVIOUS DEFECTS CAN BE FOUND WITH THE TURBOCHARGER, THEN REPLACE ONLY THE GASKET (FOR 2.4L: 6C1Q-9L461-AB, FINIS 1373219; FOR 2.2L: 6C1Q-9L461-BA, FINIS 1372394).
EFFECTIVE DATE: 19/06/2007
coconut
Ford Technician

Postby Azer van man » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:36 pm

Hi coconut I work with victer and got a 140 aswell mines doing it aswell already had the gasket replaced with about 25k on clock and new turbo fitted about 35k but got the siren noise back again,Have you got any front wheel bearings or MAF sensors in stock where you are,could you send um down to Exeter Ford,Oh and if you got a spare EGR unit one of them aswell please :wink: :lol: I was told by someone in there this morning when i rang that the MAF sensor and EGR unit were there but they were waiting for bearing but when i rang at 4.30 this afternoon I was told none of the parts have arrrived yet :? Work that one out,have you had any Transits come in your place who's owner's complain about a real metallically rattly engine especially when started from cold but then gets better as the engine gets up around optimum temp,another guy we work with had the same prob as me and Taunton Ford ended up replacing the cankshaft :shock: with 56k on the clock :!: :!:
Choose life, Choose a Transit, Italian Job Done ,Its the Irish in me.....I only listen to Above and Beyond
Now with A 5 pot Beast.......I started off with nothing and I still got most of it left...!!
Azer van man
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby lostpaul67 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:13 pm

Just returned from dealer after having a very open conversation infront of other customers about Mk7 vans and in particular mine. They were about to call me when I turned up and have now told me that the next plan is to change the Maf sensor because it is probably sooted over, 7 days to get part but they hope to speed that up.They have also admitted that this is a safety issue too because as I went for a fairly large gap on the A24 it cut out, restart, cut out, restart, cutout found power but almost too late for the Hgv driver who did a mighty impressive swerve/horn/swerve combo 9/10. The one thing that did surprise me was that they printed me Ford customer relations info and suggested I get in touch. Can't fault Chris on service desk, he's as frustrated as me.
T260/130ps Glx
lostpaul67

Postby lostpaul67 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:17 pm

By the way Coconut they found your information interesting but apparently have to do as Ford say but plan to look at your suggestion next. :)
T260/130ps Glx
lostpaul67

Postby coconut » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:53 pm

Lostpaul,
They should be changing the MAP sensor, not the MAF :? we tend to fit a new MAP at the same time we fit EGR's due to them being clogged up with sooty gunk!!
As for doing what Ford say, yep, we've all been there unfortuantly, we say we want to fit 1 thing, they tell us to try 10 other things, which dont work, then they tell us to fit what we asked for in the first place :evil: :evil:

Azer man,
Same as above, should be the MAP not the MAF :?
We havent had any trouble getting the MAP sensors, its just been the EGR valves that have been on backorder for ages, but they are starting to come through now :D
The turbo whistle, probably the gasket again :roll: they dont seem to be able to cope with the temperture is my guess??
The engine knocking, Oh yes, just about everyone that comes in has got it :shock: You phone up technical for advice what to do with it, they say try reprogramming it, it cures it for a while then its back, they say to do a injector leak off test, you do it tell them the results then they say 'um, sounds about right I think, we havent got any info on the mk7's we'll have to speak to denzo' who then get real funny with us and says there working on a fix for it!!! So basically, get Exeter ford to do a reprogramme and have piece and quiet for a little while :lol:
Wheel bearings, we keep them in stock, and as far as I know, dont get any problems getting them from Ford (but I havent done 1 for about a week, so it might have changed :P )
And ref the spare EGR, quite a sad story about that, reception phoned up to rebook a bloke for his EGR to be fitted, only to be told he had a massive accident, wrote the van off and died later in hospital :shock: :shock: , so he wont be coming in to have it fitted!
coconut
Ford Technician

Postby Azer van man » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:28 pm

Cheers Coconut thanks for that :wink: very sorry to hear about the person involved in the accident never nice anything like that :(
Choose life, Choose a Transit, Italian Job Done ,Its the Irish in me.....I only listen to Above and Beyond
Now with A 5 pot Beast.......I started off with nothing and I still got most of it left...!!
Azer van man
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby lostpaul67 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:27 pm

It must be Xmas cos got a call saying come on down 1pm wednesday we gonna do your MAP sensor (stopped doing Maf sensors lol) . Let ya'll know how I get on.
T260/130ps Glx
lostpaul67

Postby Azer van man » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:36 pm

Good luck :!: :!: :lol: :wink:
Azer van man
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

PreviousNext

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits