*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

F. Transit 2011- Driving without AC fuse causing overheating

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

F. Transit 2011- Driving without AC fuse causing overheating

Postby didyea » Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:17 am

Hi all,

I'm writing to get your opinion on a topic.

Two weeks ago I picked up my Ford Transit (2011) from the workshop who had just finished its renovation into a camper van. We noticed the cigarette lighter wasn't working and I needed it for the road (to plug my charger), so the technician suggested to take the air conditioning fuse instead and plug it instead of the cigarette lighter fuse. I then drove the van for about 300 kilometers, from Porto to Lisbon. But halfway through the trip, the interior of the van started getting quite hot. I had to open the windows to drive, in spite of outside being only about 10 degrees.

When I arrived, I did some research online and found that the absence of the air conditioning fuse could be causing overheating. I didn't waste time and changed the fuses immediately. Since then, I haven't experienced any overheating problem, but I only drove for max. 45 mn in a row.

I wanted to get your opinion: was the absence of the air conditioning fuse likely to be the root cause of the overheating? (I'm aware that continuing to drive in such conditions was a bit stupid, by the way... :roll:)

Thanks a lot for your help!
Lucas
didyea

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits