*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Locked out of MK7 minibus

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Locked out of MK7 minibus

Postby Dn04 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:35 pm

Hi everyone,

I did a few searches for being locked out but nobody seemed to be in my situation.

So I had to jump my van on Saturday as both batteries were dead - went to it, unlocked it with the manual key in the drivers door, jumped it. Took it for a short drive up the A12 and then took it home to charge it; it's currently blocking my driveway. I'd ordered some battery isolators as I've seen good reviews from various people with various vehicles that aren't in consistent use, so we installed them (to both the starter and aux batteries) and left it to charge. My dad unplugged it overnight, he used the central locking for the rear and sliding doors, manually locked the passenger door inside the van, isolated the batteries and then locked the drivers door with the key manually from the outside...

Now we can't get back in. Obviously the fob buttons don't work as the batteries are isolated, but the key manually inside the door also doesn't work...

When he gets home from work today we are going to try connecting the under bonnet point to one of our cars to see if that works, but I'm sceptical of that with the batteries being isolated?
We've tried using airbags and getting to the door handles but to no avail, is there anything else we can try?

TIA
Dn04

Re: Locked out of MK7 minibus

Postby mallood » Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:26 pm

your not the first to ask and for sure not the last....you've got a key so its just a mather of GENTLY wiglling and prying the key until it catches on, maybe blow some air through the keyhole with some lubricant and then air again, but with patience, all who asked before you got in at the end.
mallood
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby knobby1 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:19 pm

Dn04 wrote:Hi everyone,

I did a few searches for being locked out but nobody seemed to be in my situation.

So I had to jump my van on Saturday as both batteries were dead - went to it, unlocked it with the manual key in the drivers door, jumped it. Took it for a short drive up the A12 and then took it home to charge it; it's currently blocking my driveway. I'd ordered some battery isolators as I've seen good reviews from various people with various vehicles that aren't in consistent use, so we installed them (to both the starter and aux batteries) and left it to charge. My dad unplugged it overnight, he used the central locking for the rear and sliding doors, manually locked the passenger door inside the van, isolated the batteries and then locked the drivers door with the key manually from the outside...

Now we can't get back in. Obviously the fob buttons don't work as the batteries are isolated, but the key manually inside the door also doesn't work...

When he gets home from work today we are going to try connecting the under bonnet point to one of our cars to see if that works, but I'm sceptical of that with the batteries being isolated?
We've tried using airbags and getting to the door handles but to no avail, is there anything else we can try?TIA

If the batteries are isolated, the doorlocks will never unlock, manually or otherwise. You may have to pop the drivers 1/4 window out.

I have one of these for just such an occasion.

image-Old-can-opener-stocky-ai-1505570.jpg

Lord Knobrot
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Chug » Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:43 pm

This might be a posssibility? viewtopic.php?f=2&t=175469&p=1785203#p1785203
1991(J) twin wheel tipper 2.5di
1994(L) twin wheel tipper 2.5di
Chug
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby bortaf » Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:35 am

knobby1 wrote:
Dn04 wrote:Hi everyone,

We've tried using airbags and getting to the door handles but to no avail, is there anything else we can try?TIA

If the batteries are isolated, the doorlocks will never unlock, manually or otherwise. You may have to pop the drivers 1/4 window out.

I have one of these for just such an occasion.

image-Old-can-opener-stocky-ai-1505570.jpg

Lord Knobrot

The batterys were off when he locked the drivers door so it wont be deadloacked ??
Current fleet
Mk7 transit ambulance
Mk1 tourneo connect
Mk1 Mondeo 1.8 STD
Mk5 fiesta 1.25
Fusion 1.4TDCi
bortaf
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby knobby1 » Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:38 am

bortaf wrote:The batterys were off when he locked the drivers door so it wont be deadloacked ??

Good point.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits