*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Mk7 starting problem

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Mk7 starting problem

Postby 57Stuart » Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:07 pm

I have a mk 7 transit 2.2 tdci 2011
I turn the key, it starts but cuts out after 2 seconds. This happens 2 or 3 times then it starts and carries on running. Once it's started it runs perfectly. It starts first time all day until the next morning.
I've had new diesel filter, new injectors, new sensor on the injector rail, new ignition barrel . I also put on a second hand air mass sensor and sensor on the pump. These came out of a running transit.
When I had the new Injectors they put in an additive because they said it had been contaminated
If any has anyone has had this happen I'd appreciate feedback
57Stuart

Re: Mk7 starting problem

Postby knobby1 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:58 am

57Stuart wrote:I have a mk 7 transit 2.2 tdci 2011
I turn the key, it starts but cuts out after 2 seconds. This happens 2 or 3 times then it starts and carries on running. Once it's started it runs perfectly. It starts first time all day until the next morning.
I've had new diesel filter, new injectors, new sensor on the injector rail, new ignition barrel . I also put on a second hand air mass sensor and sensor on the pump. These came out of a running transit.
When I had the new Injectors they put in an additive because they said it had been contaminated
If any has anyone has had this happen I'd appreciate feedback

More than likely air ingress...this allows the fuel to siphon back to tank overnight and empties the fuel filter.

Check to see if your fuel filter is still full after sitting overnight.

If you changed the SCV on the pump...did you do the learns..??

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby 57Stuart » Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:07 pm

Thankyou well check that before we start it tomorrow.
Could I ask what you mean by have we done the learns?
57Stuart

Postby knobby1 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:43 pm

57Stuart wrote:Could I ask what you mean by have we done the learns?

Exactly that...I assume since you're asking, they haven't been done..?? The "learns" are a service function but very few people actually do it as part of a major service...also when fuel system components such as SCV's, PRV's, injectors and pumps are replaced...the learns must be done or the engine will never run at it's best, performance and economy will suffer.

Lord Knobrot

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby 57Stuart » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:36 pm

When we had the injectors filter put and sensors put in. They were all programmed in.
57Stuart

Postby knobby1 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:17 pm

57Stuart wrote:When we had the injectors filter put and sensors put in. They were all programmed in.

Injectors are coded in using their 16 digit "correction factors, then they need the learns done. What do you mean by "programmed in"..?? Which "sensors" are you talking about..?? SCV & PRV..?? If so, they're not sensors, they're valves...the learns still need doing after fitting.

Filter doesn't need programming or coding, it's a "consumable" item.

Lord Knobrot

knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits