*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Loss of power

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Loss of power

Postby Dran333 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:22 pm

Hi everyone I’m new here and needing a little advice,
So I have a 52 plate (2003) 90hp chassis cab, when I bought it 8 years ago I had it remapped & EGR deleted and it’s been great without issues, at Xmas the diesel pump went (run out of diesel and gauge said 1/4), got a reconditioned one and fitted it, since it’s been fitted it’s not had its top end power and coil light flashing, I had my code reader on it and came up with EGR codes which was weird as it was deleted out years ago on the remap and it’s been unplugged and vac pipe off all this time, so I had the guys out that did the original map and had them do it again, now the EGR codes are gone but still coil light on and lack of top end power, now I have 2 codes which are P0200 Injector Circuit Malfunction & P1300 Boost Calibration Fault which I’m told by my mechanic friend shouldn’t even show on my model as it’s not electric injectors or has a turbo sensor, all these problems seem to have stemmed from the new pump being fitted, can a bad pump throw these codes up ???
I’ve checked all pipes, vacuum, boos, it seems enough air flow is coming through the intercooler as the pipe out is expanding, MAP sensor reading is 100kpa on idle and around 170kpa on full boost is that about right ?

Also it had a leak on the leak off pipes so fitted new and yesterday checked fuel filter which was only half full when removed, fitted new one and blew pipes back to tank

It’s got me stumped with the codes, is this cause of bad pump ? Or can it be as simple as an air leak in fuel system somewhere ?

TIA
Dran333

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits