*NOW BOOKED FOR 2026* Transitmania 17 @ Santa Pod 17th to 19th July 2026 *ALL DETAILS HERE*


the more I research the more confused I am

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

the more I research the more confused I am

Postby dodgy01 » Sun Jul 05, 2026 6:36 pm

2006 2.4 mk6.

terrible diesel knock and as slow as a slug
ive been told its the fuel pump timing solenoid on face pants .
ive found thishttps://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/273837846577 ... R4y865XmZw
is this correct please
how do I know if its faulty. no fault codes on the van. thanks guys n gals.
dodgy01
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:32 pm
Location: braintree essex

Re: the more I research the more confused I am

Postby dodgy01 » Sun Jul 05, 2026 6:37 pm

side note. the cab is being removed. if anyone needs anything. its free
it has vgc mk 7 seats in it. screen only a month old. wings are toast. bonnet and doors very good
dodgy01
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:32 pm
Location: braintree essex

Re: the more I research the more confused I am

Postby knobby1 » Sun Jul 05, 2026 7:51 pm

dodgy01 wrote:2006 2.4 mk6.

terrible diesel knock and as slow as a slug
ive been told its the fuel pump timing solenoid on face pants .
ive found thishttps://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/273837846577 ... R4y865XmZw
is this correct please
how do I know if its faulty. no fault codes on the van. thanks guys n gals.


What code reader are you using..?? Mk6 is "NOT" OBD-II compliant, so most of the newer readers won't work.

Usually code P0149 accompanied by one or two others is the timing solenoid failing.

Lord Knobrot (Smithy)
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof..."Full Poverty Spec".

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
User avatar
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 18728
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:36 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: the more I research the more confused I am

Postby dodgy01 » Sun Jul 05, 2026 8:14 pm

I have Delphi diagnostic on my laptop. it says it covers the vehicle

what would you suggest please.
is it likely that this is the part I need ? thanks
dodgy01
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:32 pm
Location: braintree essex

Re: the more I research the more confused I am

Postby knobby1 » Mon Jul 06, 2026 12:36 am

dodgy01 wrote:I have Delphi diagnostic on my laptop. it says it covers the vehicle

what would you suggest please.
is it likely that this is the part I need ? thanks


We use and recommend Forscan and a "V-Linker" cable.

Forscan is free to download onto a Windws laptop.

https://forscan.org/download.html

If you're not getting the P0149 fault code, the timing solenoid may still be OK.

Which engine do you have..?? 75, 90, 115, 120, 125 or the 135 TDCi..?? Which fuel pump do you have if you have a TDDi..VP-30 or VP-44..??

Lord Knobrot (Smithy)
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof..."Full Poverty Spec".

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
User avatar
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 18728
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:36 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: the more I research the more confused I am

Postby dodgy01 » Mon Jul 06, 2026 7:01 am

to be honest mate I dont know.
the reg number is yr06mtv. used to be able to look this stuff up online. but now I have no idea. also have no v5 yet for it

if the valve is good then where do I look the thing smells like to much fuel getting in .


thanks mate
dodgy01
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:32 pm
Location: braintree essex

Re: the more I research the more confused I am

Postby metalworker0 » Mon Jul 06, 2026 1:40 pm

Go here
http://www.catcar.info/ford/?lang=en

and put your VIN number in

then steer yourself to the fuel pump page

all the best.mark
User avatar
metalworker0
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 6055
Joined: Wed May 05, 2021 4:43 pm
Location: Prestatyn

Re: the more I research the more confused I am

Postby knobby1 » Mon Jul 06, 2026 7:47 pm

dodgy01 wrote:to be honest mate I dont know.
the reg number is yr06mtv. used to be able to look this stuff up online. but now I have no idea. also have no v5 yet for it

if the valve is good then where do I look the thing smells like to much fuel getting in .
thanks mate


If it's a TDCi then you're wasting your time with a timing solenoid. Only the TDDi's have them.

Do you have wires going to the injectors..?? What is written on the outer door trim..?? Does it say 90 or 125 etc...

Like this:

Mk6 door.jpg


Lord Knobrot (Smithy)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof..."Full Poverty Spec".

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
User avatar
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 18728
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:36 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia


Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated.