*NOW BOOKED FOR 2026* Transitmania 17 @ Santa Pod 17th to 19th July 2026 *ALL DETAILS HERE*


Suction control valve

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Suction control valve

Postby Zigzag56 » Mon Jul 13, 2026 7:50 pm

I have a 2007 2.4 red transit that stalls a lot at junctions and if it doesn’t stall it is very unresponsive, I’ve changed the egr valve as that was coming up as a fault and now it’s not showing any faults, I’ve been told to try changing the Suction control valve and the pressure relief valve is this something I can try or do I need specialist equipment to re learn for the new valves any help would be much appreciated I’m going crazy with this now
Zigzag56
Newbie
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2026 7:36 pm

Re: Suction control valve

Postby knobby1 » Tue Jul 14, 2026 3:37 am

Zigzag56 wrote:I have a 2007 2.4 red transit that stalls a lot at junctions and if it doesn’t stall it is very unresponsive, I’ve changed the egr valve as that was coming up as a fault and now it’s not showing any faults, I’ve been told to try changing the Suction control valve and the pressure relief valve is this something I can try or do I need specialist equipment to re learn for the new valves any help would be much appreciated I’m going crazy with this now


Best to try a run on the learns first...it may come good....If you do fit new SCV and PRV, they are very expensive and "must" be genuine Ford/Denso items, the cheap Chinese or Ebay ones usually fail the learns. You'll need Forscan and a "V-Linker" cable to do this.

You can't just fit a new SCV and hope it works...it usually ends in tears.

Lord Knobrot (Smithy)
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof..."Full Poverty Spec".

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
User avatar
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 18722
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:36 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Suction control valve

Postby Zigzag56 » Sat Jul 18, 2026 2:17 pm

Thanks for the advice I got Forscan ran some learns and all good “for now” saved me a bit of money very good advice Cheers
Zigzag56
Newbie
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2026 7:36 pm


Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated.