*NOW BOOKED FOR 2026* Transitmania 17 @ Santa Pod 17th to 19th July 2026 *ALL DETAILS HERE*


Can I have rear seats turned around

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Can I have rear seats turned around

Postby Julian » Fri May 02, 2008 10:44 am

Hello

I have a tourneo with 2 sets of front facing seats in the rear

I'd like to have one set turned around so they face the back - Conference seat style

Has anyone had this done at all, or any suggestions for having it done

Will it cuase problems with insurance unless properly done etc

Thanks

Julian
Julian
Newbie
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:00 pm
Location: Liverpool

Re: Can I have rear seats turned around

Postby Scotty86 » Fri May 02, 2008 6:43 pm

2017 Transit Custom SWB RSV
User avatar
Scotty86
GLX Posse
 
Posts: 6269
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:32 pm
Location: Fife (DD6)

Re: Can I have rear seats turned around

Postby Julian » Fri May 02, 2008 9:06 pm

Thanks Scotty

Not quite what I was looking for

I meant the two rows of 3 seats behind the driver, I would like one of these 3 sets turned around so all rear passengers face each other

I think the 07 style Tourneo have this configuration as standard

Thanks
Julian
Newbie
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:00 pm
Location: Liverpool

Re: Can I have rear seats turned around

Postby Guy88 » Fri May 02, 2008 9:09 pm

Shouldnt be a problem as long as it passes an MOT :wink:

May want to check the insurance, it may be a pro job in their eyes
2005 Ford F250 Super Duty
1992 MK3 ambulance
1980 A Series crew cab
1984 A series RB44

REMAPPED BY http://WWW.VANTUNER.COM HE IS THE WAY FORWARD

LIVIN' LOUD
User avatar
Guy88
Site Moderator
 
Posts: 17042
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:37 pm
Location: Banbury, oxon

Re: Can I have rear seats turned around

Postby skiddy75 » Fri May 02, 2008 9:51 pm

rail worker vans have the set up u are after i will take a look under 1 and let u know what they have done
User avatar
skiddy75
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado
 
Posts: 248
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:10 pm
Location: milton keynes

Re: Can I have rear seats turned around

Postby Julian » Sat May 03, 2008 10:52 am

Thanks
Julian
Newbie
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:00 pm
Location: Liverpool

Re: Can I have rear seats turned around

Postby ROY THE CARPER » Sat May 03, 2008 1:36 pm

i have six seats in back 3 face forward 3 face backwards.its not a prob had them done at coach builders.
User avatar
ROY THE CARPER
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:53 pm
Location: leeds

Re: Can I have rear seats turned around

Postby skiddy75 » Thu May 22, 2008 8:08 pm

looked under rail van and it looks like they put outriggers on chassis then bolted on
User avatar
skiddy75
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado
 
Posts: 248
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:10 pm
Location: milton keynes


Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated.