I know this is a well discussed topic but I can't find anything that relates to my initial symptoms. Its a connect 1.8tdci 90 04 year.
Was driving up steep hill fully laden with tools, just got into fourth gear and heard a pop from the exhaust, instantly lost power, the glow plug light starts to flash, so I jammed on the brakes bumped it up the pavement and turned the engine off. The engine wasn't particularly warm having just set off for home after another day freezing to death on site by the seaside. I rang the AA "will be with you in under 2 hours Sir" So i turned the engine, it started, turned the van 180 and rolled back down the hill, from here i drove home, no flashing glow plug light present now, i had to drive up two smaller steep hills but nothing happened, no loss of power no flashing glow plug light and the engine sounded normal.
Am ringing the mechanic tomorrow, but just wondered if you guys have any idea? I will get the codes read and post them on here if you like.
P.S Can the van still be driven with this problem without causing even more problems?
Cheers

