*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Enabling hidden features

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Enabling hidden features

Postby Connect_Fraz » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:52 pm

Hello,

New to the Forum, and Ford :D

I just picked up a brand new 19 plate Connect Limited Van and I was wondering if someone could assist me on what I would need to purchase in order to access/unlock the features/settings of the van.

Some things I'd like to enable/configure are:

• Enable the mobile ireless Charging Pad under the radio. The compartment has the battery logo etc however it doesnt charge my phone so I think this just needs enabled.
  • Auto locking of the doors after the viehcal moves.
  • Keyless entry, if available.
  • Ability to control the windows from the remote key

Thanks,
Fraser.
Connect_Fraz

Re: Enabling hidden features

Postby doebag » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:32 am

If it is brand new, then the dealer should be your first port of call, surely.
doebag
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Mike » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:39 am

doebag wrote:If it is brand new, then the dealer should be your first port of call, surely.

:roll: Yeah cause the dealer is going to activate things that he should have paid them for if he wanted them.

OP, if they can be enabled you’ll need ids. Plenty of info on here if you use the search function.
Mike
Wind up merchant!

Postby Connect_Fraz » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:32 pm

Mike wrote:
doebag wrote:OP, if they can be enabled you’ll need ids. Plenty of info on here if you use the search function.

I did search before posting but I wasn't too sure what terms to search. In the meantime, I have purchased a ELM327 500Kbit/s cable with the HS/MS Switch and I was going to download FORScan and have a play about however any pointers would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Connect_Fraz

Postby doebag » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:29 pm

Mike wrote:
doebag wrote:If it is brand new, then the dealer should be your first port of call, surely.

:roll: Yeah cause the dealer is going to activate things that he should have paid them for if he wanted them.

OP, if they can be enabled you’ll need ids. Plenty of info on here if you use the search function.

Ah, you have the better of me. I assumed it was a feature that could be enabled by the owner, not something that was a cost option.
doebag
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Transit Connect