Transitmania 12 @Santa Pod 15th to 17th May 2020

Dead connect

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Dead connect

Postby Allyboy58 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:37 pm

Out to the van yesterday and it was running really lumpy. Wouldn't go above 1500 revs. It was driving but not really doing anything. Engine management light was on. Left it for a half hour. Tried it and it was starting and driving fine. Two hours later went out and didn't notice it was in gear when I turned the key. The van lurched forward in gear. Turned the key again and it's not turning over at all. I've got battery power and changed the starter motor but it's still the same. Could it be a simple fuse or what. Totally at a loss tbh
Allyboy58

Dead connect

Postby Allyboy58 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:55 pm

Yesterday my 2009 connect tdci was running really badly. Wouldn't go above 1500 revs. I only drove it in the carpark at home. Left it for half an hour then tried it again and all was fine. Couple of hours later I tried to start it without noticing it was in gear. It gave a bit of a lurch forward. When I tried to start it again with the clutch in , there's nothing. I've got battery power but apart from that it's dead. Not turning over at all. Put a new starter motor in it this morning but still just the same. Are the two incidents connected ??. I suspect the non turning over is electrical but I'm a bit baffled tbh.
Allyboy58

Re: Dead connect

Postby transit killer » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:07 pm

Is the immo light flashing on the dash with the key on and also have you checked the earth strap on the engine ?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
2004 Transit 350 LWB Recovery
transit killer
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Allyboy58 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:17 am

immo light is flashing on the dash. When I put the key in it stops flashing for a couple of secs then rapid flashes for about a minute then flashes a couple of times then a pause then flashes a couple of times. Where about is the engine earth strap located ??. Sorry if I appear a bit thick but I'm no mechanic. trying to self fix if possible to keep costs down.

my keys aren't on a battery fob. Dont know if that makes a difference.
Allyboy58

Postby paul2012 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:13 am

Immobiliser is still active hence why you can't crank engine over. :!:

There's a number of possibilities on what the problem may be. Best to get dtc's (error codes() read. As they will point you in the right direction.
2004 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 V6 AWD - (FACELIFT IN PROCESS)
2001 BMW Mini Cooper 1.6
2010 Vauxhall Insignia 2.0 CDTI - (CURRENTLY RETROFITTING)

IDS & GM GDS2 services

SUBCRIBE http://www.youtube.com/c/PaulsTechchannel
paul2012
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Return to Transit Connect