*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

key issue - will unlock but not lock

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

key issue - will unlock but not lock

Postby pyehelen » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:34 am

Hi, I've got a strange issue with my remote locking on my 66 plate connect. The remote key will unlock the van from all directions and at a distance but when I want to lock it, it either won't work or I have to stand in an exact place behind the drivers door close to the van. I've put a new battery in the key and this hasn't worked. I've also spoken to someone who makes the keys and he thinks the key fobs are normally reliable so does anyone have any ideas? The key man thought it might be the van not the key but it just seems so strange it will unlock without any issues so surely the receiver would be picking up both signals the same? If anyone has any ideas on how to get this resolved it would be appreciated. I've only just recently bought the van so am going back to the dealership, but as they are 100miles away if it is an easy fix it might be easier to do myself. Thanks Helen
pyehelen

Re: key issue - will unlock but not lock

Postby metalworker0 » Sat May 08, 2021 9:19 pm

From past experience of fobs but not ford ones
The buttons / micro-switches are mounted on terminal legs that are soldered to the circuit board, the legs can crack ..making contact so poor, that little energy flows ..meaning low signal strength , which explains why you have to find an exact spot to operate the fob.
I've just bought a fob for my connect, as it was missing .....buying from ford or a local lock smith wasn't cheap i was getting prices in the region of £70 to £100.
The market traders, meaning traders with a market stalls have locksmiths in portable cabins, i went to one of these ...and he made one up for £30.
had the main key made up as well, as it was worn, this this cost me £40

Don't know where you are - this was in North Wales "Tir prince" market , Kinmel Bay, near Rhyl
metalworker0
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Return to Transit Connect