*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Dash cam. Sync3 and reversing camera

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Dash cam. Sync3 and reversing camera

Postby Snaf » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:47 am

After an accident yesterday I'm going to fit a dashcam to my 2020 L3 Connect, it has Sync3 and a reversing camera. I'm looking at the genuine Ford dashcam and can't find if the reversing camera can be incorporated into the recording system and exactly how it works with the Sync3.
Any ideas or info on my proposed dashcam and sync3 will be greatly received.
Snaf
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: Dash cam. Sync3 and reversing camera

Postby swishvan » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:28 pm

I have a 2021 connect with reversing camera, and was going to install the ford dash cam. however delving into detail the dash cam does not show up on the sync 3 screen even in the forward position.
with the ford app you still have to plug in your phone so see any footage from the dash cam and so i went for a higher spec dash cam for the same price fitted.
there are youtube videos showing installation which looks apain to do
hope this helps
swishvan
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Dash cam. Sync3 and reversing camera

Postby Snaf » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:00 pm

^^^^^^^
Thanks, I ended up with a heavily discounted Halfords HDC400 dashcam as that's what I have in another van. You have to download content to your phone if needed but it's compact and discreet. It would have been nice to have used the existing reverse camera but couldn't find any info on it.
Snaf
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Return to Transit Connect