*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

2012 Transit connect central locking not working

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

2012 Transit connect central locking not working

Postby Jaydavies6 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:35 pm

Hi

I can't open any of the doors with the key fob, once pressed theres an unlocking noise but no doors open, I can open the driver and passenger door with the key manually but I can't open the rear door or side sliding door at all.
I have checked fuse 34 under the glove box (power door lock rear door unlock relay) and relay R9 (rear door unlock) and both are working fine, I have changed the fob battery.
Any help would be much appreacited

Thanks
Jaydavies6

Re: 2012 Transit connect central locking not working

Postby metalworker0 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:21 pm

Not sure what the 2012 has as regards door openers on the inside .
but sometimes on mine 2006, the little catches you open with your fingers on the inside of the door, can stick in a half open position. if they are not pushed back into position, it causes all sorts of problems with the locking and unlocking, caugt me out a couple of times, check it out before you start taking things apart. I'll fix mine when i get a chance with just some spray lube like silicon. also worth going around all the metal catches in the door jams making sure they are free to operate and return to normal position.

all the best.mark
metalworker0
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Re: 2012 Transit connect central locking not working

Postby travelling man » Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:46 pm

How old is the battery?

I had problems getting mine to lock and stay locked, checked the battery voltage and found it was dropping to around 12v or lower, fitted a new battery and the central locking now works properly.
On my 12 plate van, there is an interior locking lever on both the sliding door, a round knob at the rear of the door, on the rear doors there's a small lever on the primary door. If you have a full bulkhead, you will struggle to reach the sliding door interior knob.....
'05 Transit Connect T230 LX TDCi Engine buggered in Spain,replaced with a T200 base 12 plate in white which also buggered it's engine in Spain!
2nd Connect had breakdown insurance and an engine swap, see how long it lasts.....
travelling man
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Transit Connect