*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Double lens door mirrors

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Double lens door mirrors

Postby xillent » Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:26 am

I have a 2015 Connect with the double lens door mirrors. I love this feature and it's one of the reasons I bought my first connect and this one. I see that the newer connect doesn't seem to have this. It's back to the single door mirror that isn't so good for blind spots. I believe that the double lens mirror is an optional extra if you're buying a new van. Does anyone now if you can retrofit the double mirror as I was considering buying a newer Connect.
xillent
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Double lens door mirrors

Postby xillent » Sat Jul 08, 2023 6:51 pm

*bump
xillent
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby swishvan » Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:31 pm

double lens door mirriors were replaced with single lens and that was so they automatically folded in when the ignition was swithched off, double lens mirrors are too big for this to happen,
I have a 2021 bought new and opted for the larger non folding mirrors when i ordered it, however it was an extra cost of £35 ???
swishvan
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby xillent » Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:26 pm

Thanks, I currently have the double lens mirror and they fold in when locking the vehicle. Are the new ones bigger or heavier or something?
xillent
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Transit Connect