*NOW BOOKED FOR 2026* Transitmania 17 @ Santa Pod 17th to 19th July 2026 *ALL DETAILS HERE*


Connect Bulkhead Question

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Connect Bulkhead Question

Postby ShineOn » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:17 pm

Hi everyone, apologies if this isn't in the right section (I know most don't consider the Connect to be a proper Transit anyway - I won't argue!)

I've got a 2004 SWB low roof 220 L, I 'd like to put a full steel bulkhead in for secuity and safety. At the moment, I've just got the floor to ceiling ladder thing behind the drivers seat.

I've seen 2 piece bulkheads advertised on ebay, but thought I'd ring the local Ford dealer (Basingstoke) for a price on a brand new one. I won't bore you with the details, but essentially the bloke just kept saying 'I can give you prices for some parts, but I don't know that they will fit - the computer doesn't say its for your van'. Very helpful :roll:

So, does anyone know if Ford do make a standard metal full bulkhead for a Connect? I can't imagine its the most radical request ever for a van.....

Thanks in advance.

Paul
User avatar
ShineOn
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:09 pm
Location: Hampshire/Berkshire Border

Re: Connect Bulkhead Question

Postby coconut » Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:41 pm

Yes, they do various different styles of bulkheads!!

If you want to send me your reg, i can get part numbers and prices from work tomorrow.

Do you want a little window in it or completely solid metal one?
I miss my 'courtesy van'............140 Glx..now a Jumbo :(
User avatar
coconut
Ford Technician
 
Posts: 3406
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:22 pm

Re: Connect Bulkhead Question

Postby belly » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:25 pm

could you also get me a price please i need a high roof one tho no window!just solid :D
2013 VW Transporter swb T5.1GP T28 140ps Highline with extra toys.
User avatar
belly
Kaiser Chief
 
Posts: 10462
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:13 pm
Location: southampton

Re: Connect Bulkhead Question

Postby ME » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:27 pm

For about £60 worth of Timber You can Make Your own. I did one for Mine thats Hinged in the Middle so when i have 3 m Items i just open it flatten the seat and there in. 8)
Mercedes Vimto Premium
ME
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 8094
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:13 pm
Location: Kent

Re: Connect Bulkhead Question

Postby coconut » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:50 pm

will do, i will let you know tomorrow :D
I miss my 'courtesy van'............140 Glx..now a Jumbo :(
User avatar
coconut
Ford Technician
 
Posts: 3406
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:22 pm

Re: Connect Bulkhead Question

Postby belly » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:54 am

cheers :D thought about knocking a nice wood one up! but ray charles is probably a better chippy than me :lol: and the last time i put some shelves in a van i put a self tapper through the side to the outside :oops: luckily only a sphincter and not mine :lol: :|
2013 VW Transporter swb T5.1GP T28 140ps Highline with extra toys.
User avatar
belly
Kaiser Chief
 
Posts: 10462
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:13 pm
Location: southampton

Re: Connect Bulkhead Question

Postby motorwise » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:39 pm

belly wrote:cheers :D thought about knocking a nice wood one up! but ray charles is probably a better chippy than me :lol: and the last time i put some shelves in a van i put a self tapper through the side to the outside :oops: luckily only a sphincter and not mine :lol: :|



ray charles is a chippy? :shock:
Ford Transit - Backbone Of Britain
http://www.motorwise.net
if you want to get on in life, its not what you know, its not who you know, its what you know about who you know
User avatar
motorwise
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 7980
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:49 am
Location: Bromley Kent

Re: Connect Bulkhead Question

Postby coconut » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:42 pm

motorwise wrote:
belly wrote:cheers :D thought about knocking a nice wood one up! but ray charles is probably a better chippy than me :lol: and the last time i put some shelves in a van i put a self tapper through the side to the outside :oops: luckily only a sphincter and not mine :lol: :|



ray charles is a chippy? :shock:



:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I miss my 'courtesy van'............140 Glx..now a Jumbo :(
User avatar
coconut
Ford Technician
 
Posts: 3406
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:22 pm

Re: Connect Bulkhead Question

Postby ShineOn » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:14 am

Got your message coconut, you are a star - thanks.
User avatar
ShineOn
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:09 pm
Location: Hampshire/Berkshire Border


Return to Transit Connect



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated.