*NOW BOOKED FOR 2026* Transitmania 17 @ Santa Pod 17th to 19th July 2026 *ALL DETAILS HERE*


Help please with Connect problem

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Help please with Connect problem

Postby Connected » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:48 pm

Hi, I have a swb 90ps LX connect.
Just before Xmas last year I was on my way home when the motor glitched then the glow plug warning light came on, I only had 4 miles to go so I carried on. the next day I started it up and all seemed well untill it got hot then under hard exseleration it would go into limp mode, if you turn off the ignition and on again then it's ok as long as you do not rev above 3000 standing still it will rev to 4750 all day and not miss a beat. I have been told that it is ether injectors, pump or lot's of other things that cost a lot of money how can this be because at this time it had only done 39000 it has now done 41000 and the problem is the same as it was it has not got any worse. The self diagnostic test says none. I have a gut feeling it may be a sensor but who knows. It did pass an MOT in this state so the imissions must be OK.
Please if there is any body out there that can put there finger on this problem it would be appreciated so, (it is my only means of transport) thanks in advance Colin. :(
Ford Transit's Forever.
Connected
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:30 pm
Location: Maidenhead Berkshire

Re: Help please with Connect problem

Postby coconut » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:43 pm

Have you had the codes read or just the self test via the dash :?:
I miss my 'courtesy van'............140 Glx..now a Jumbo :(
User avatar
coconut
Ford Technician
 
Posts: 3406
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:22 pm

Re: Help please with Connect problem

Postby Connected » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:45 am

Hi coconut,
I have done the one on the dash myself, I also had it done by a workshop with a hand held unit, they said that the line pressure was 2000 at tickover and 12000 at full throttle but no codes showed on the diagnostic. Colin
Ford Transit's Forever.
Connected
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:30 pm
Location: Maidenhead Berkshire

Re: Help please with Connect problem

Postby Connected » Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:49 pm

Today I went to my local Ford dealer and asked them if there was any recall on my van, they came back to me and said there were none outstanding. I put in a order for a cam sensor and plug which cost me £68.00 :( to be collected on wed next week. I also bought a fuel filter. Fitted the filter, got the air out, started it up rattle, rattle clouds of smoke, took it for a test drive, after about 2 miles it all went smooth. Now for the acid test will it run OK when it got hot YES YES YES it did not miss a beat full boar in all the low gears :D :D :D so I will be up for a refund on Tue.
OK smack on the wrist maybe I should have changed it sooner but if I had let the local garage try and sort it out it would have cost me a lot of money.
Before I was made redundant in 91 I worked on a farm, I worked on diesel engines inc rebuilds and never had a problem but since the computer age it has gone OTT it is not hands on any more.
Anyway lesson learned.
Colin
Ford Transit's Forever.
Connected
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:30 pm
Location: Maidenhead Berkshire

Re: Help please with Connect problem

Postby coconut » Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:57 pm

Glad to hear you got it sorted :D :D

Tdci fuel filters are much lower microns than a normal Di, which it why I prefer to stick to the older service schedule and change them every service :wink:
I miss my 'courtesy van'............140 Glx..now a Jumbo :(
User avatar
coconut
Ford Technician
 
Posts: 3406
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:22 pm

Re: Help please with Connect problem

Postby transitgeoff » Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:00 pm

i think if the sensor thingy was a special order they wont refund you mate :? hope im wrong :)
transitgeoff
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 6574
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:32 pm


Return to Transit Connect



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated.