*NOW BOOKED FOR 2026* Transitmania 17 @ Santa Pod 17th to 19th July 2026 *ALL DETAILS HERE*


Central locking problem

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Central locking problem

Postby 007 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:23 am

Hi guys

I'm now the proud owner of a lwb high top Connect. Only done about 12 miles so far but I have to say I'm very happy. It's done 58k and it's on a 07, not got many toys (ew, cd player and cl) but what really sold it to me was the kick arse racking system. 8)

However I do have one issue, the central locking doesn't open the passenger door lock, it does however lock it. Unlocking and locking from the passenger side does opperate the drivers side.

Any ideas, I assume the cl works off vacume and that leads me to think there may be an air leak in the system?

Picture of the van to come after I've put my company graphics on it. ;)

Cheers,
Chris.
007
Newbie
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:06 am

Re: Central locking problem

Postby paul2012 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:34 pm

007 wrote:Hi guys

I'm now the proud owner of a lwb high top Connect. Only done about 12 miles so far but I have to say I'm very happy. It's done 58k and it's on a 07, not got many toys (ew, cd player and cl) but what really sold it to me was the kick arse racking system. 8)

However I do have one issue, the central locking doesn't open the passenger door lock, it does however lock it. Unlocking and locking from the passenger side does opperate the drivers side.

Any ideas, I assume the cl works off vacume and that leads me to think there may be an air leak in the system?

Picture of the van to come after I've put my company graphics on it. ;)

Cheers,
Chris.


Hi

The lock assembly on a connect is a complete unit (electronic NOT vacume)

If Faulty the complete until will need to be replaced, Remember to remove key barrel first before you remove lock assembly :idea: (Key barrel is secured to lock assembly)

This is what it looks like

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-TRANSIT- ... 2c687c4966
2007 Ford Mondeo mk4 1.8 TDCI -RETROFIT IN PROGRESS
2009 Jaguar X-Type 2.0D
2010 Vauxhall Insignia- RETROFIT IN PROGRESS

IDS & GM GDS2 services


SUBSCRIBE http://www.youtube.com/@PaulsTechChannel
User avatar
paul2012
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 7445
Joined: Sun May 13, 2012 8:59 pm
Location: Nr Wretton, Norfolk


Return to Transit Connect



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot]

This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated.