*NOW BOOKED FOR 2026* Transitmania 17 @ Santa Pod 17th to 19th July 2026 *ALL DETAILS HERE*


My Connect Spluttering but only in 2nd gear

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

My Connect Spluttering but only in 2nd gear

Postby Keithm » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:27 pm

Hi guys I've a 110 tdci swb connect on a 2007 plate. Just had full service inc fuel filter. i noticed immediately after getting it back it will splutter when accelerating but only in 2nd gear.
It seems to do this when driving in a sensible manor and gradually accelerating after pulling away and changeling into 2nd gear, usually between 1500 and 2000 rpm, if I drive it hard it is totally fine and doesn't splutter at all.

I've had it back to the garage who say they can't find why it's doing this. I've since changed fuel filter again myself thinking the replacement one during service may have been faulty. The spluttering seemed to be less when I changed the filter but has started to do it now every time I'm in 2nd gear and its causing endless rows withy heavily pregnant girlfriend about the "piece of junk going to break down" or "its making me feel like im going into labour" most of the time it's that im getting ear ache for driving to fast to avoid the spluttering

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance :-)
Keithm
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:28 pm

Re: My Connect Spluttering but only in 2nd gear

Postby liteace » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:39 am

I'd tell her to get out and walk if she dont like it :D
Please don't send me PM's, i can't access them, when I try I get this:

You are not authorised to send private messages
User avatar
liteace
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee
 
Posts: 1646
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:09 am

Re: My Connect Spluttering but only in 2nd gear

Postby Keithm » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:38 am

Lol you b*stard, I knew I was going to get that reaction from you lot hahaha.
My mate at the garage said exactly the same thing haha.
Keithm
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:28 pm

Re: My Connect Spluttering but only in 2nd gear

Postby whitemice » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:44 am

iF IT DID IT IN THAT REV BAND EVERY GEAR THEN THE FLY-BY-WIRE THROTTLE PEDAL WOULD BE A POSSIBLE SUSPECT.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIaGWURONRU
'' VOTE Kim Jong Unwell.
Mike writ '' a vote for lABOUR is a vote for islam and a conservative vote is a vote for islam and a vote for liberal is a vote for islam. ''
DBVM ''a vote for UKIP is a vote for islam''
User avatar
whitemice
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 7578
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:25 am
Location: normalised heavily chemtrailed cretinous individual just like you

Re: My Connect Spluttering but only in 2nd gear

Postby lightning » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:34 am

Did you take it to a Ford dealer to do the service? If so did they upgrade the software?

The last but one Ford did on mine caused uneven running from 1500-2000rpm on my 2008 TDCi. I had to put up with it for a year until an update was available from Ford to sort it out.

It's still not perfect, and only does it from 1500-2000rpm in second gear on a light throttle.
I changed the pedal but it made no difference.

Also if the garage doing the service disconnected the battery the PCM will have reset to factory defaults, the pilot injection won't be operating during this time, and it can take a few miles before it gets back to normal.

Mine took over 100 miles before it ran as well as before I took it in.
lightning
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee
 
Posts: 1228
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:32 am

Re: My Connect Spluttering but only in 2nd gear

Postby Keithm » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:18 pm

Hi mate, my van wasn't serviced at ford it was done at a mates garage and he has not done any software updates. The problem I have with mine does sound exactly like you have said has happened to yours.

What is the PCM?
Keithm
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:28 pm


Return to Transit Connect



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated.