Gents,
I have a 58 plate T230 connect 110ps which has done 95k.
I have recently replaced the clutch due to it bitting very high and it was occasionally clonking into 3rd. The work was all done my a mechanic mate and the noise seamed to have gone after 250 miles or so.
I have just done a 1000 mile round trip to France fishing and on the return journey, when changing up from 2nd to 3rd above 2500 revs it crunches into gear. If i drive carefully and change at low revs it slots in perfect, all others gears are fine and it changes fine when coming from 4th to 3rd.
I have been told by a mechanic mate its probably the syncro in the gearbox ? which means box out [ again ! ] and either a re con gear box or send the box away for a overhall.
I am gutted after just spending £600 on the van with the clutch, slave cylinder, alternator, starter motor, anto roll bar links etc was hoping it would be good for a fair few miles now, is it something silly like linkage, fluid levels or cable adjustement or is my mate right about the syncro ?
Any help or advise would be great,






