*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

RETROFIT HEATED WINDSCREEN TO CONNECT LX MODELS 2003-2006

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Re: RETROFIT HEATED WINDSCREEN TO CONNECT LX MODELS 2003-200

Postby DorianT » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:47 am

Hi,
I'm new to the forum, on this thread I do not see any of the photos/ pictures, it seems they are not available
Any ideas,
Thanks
DorianT

Postby Graham Taylor » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:45 pm

DorianT wrote:Hi,
I'm new to the forum, on this thread I do not see any of the photos/ pictures, it seems they are not available
Any ideas,
Thanks

Paul has probably removed or deleted them. Ask him nicely and I'm sure he'll put them up again :D
Graham Taylor
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby shadow97 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:08 pm

hi , I'm also newbie here and been having same problem with mirrors, now paul2012 advice is the best ever, would love to be able to see his pics and diagrams though
shadow97
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby shadow97 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:46 pm

paul2012 wrote:
justyjust wrote:Hi paul forget the last post done it, thanks for all the help. i pulled the socket out from under the dash, i though it may have broken close to the socket but it hadn't. could not see any signs of damage anywhere so i cut the wire close to the socket and the C15 Pin 13, i brought some 6 amp wire from Maplins and some heatshrink soldered it and tested. works perfectly no smoke or fires...

now its the heated windscreen

Nicely done :D

For the heated windscreen (if your van does not one fitted), See start of this thread for details :wink:

would love to know how you did it, I have same issue, and I don't know how to get to the a-pillar socket , I see it behind all the steel but getting to it not a clue HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
shadow97
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby wilbur1964 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:55 pm

Hi Paul,

I know this is an old thread and I have just joined but I have just tried to view the images in the original post but I am unable to.

I have a 2003 transit and want to retrofit a heated screen. I have looked down the 'A' pillars behind the plastic covers and there are no connections for the screen (Thick cable with spade connectors)

I have heated mirrors and associated wiring so could you tell me if it can be done please and re-post the diagrams, fuse/relay locations etc?

Thanks in advance Andy.
wilbur1964

Postby Prometeia74 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:40 pm

Can someone please re upload the images.
Prometeia74

Postby RS2000MARK » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:06 pm

Can someone resist the images please
RS2000MARK

Postby solviken » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:37 pm

Do someone have the pictures still? or have anyone else done this?. I have a t230LX with heated sidemirrors and backdoor windshield. I just retorofitted a heated front windshield and the guys at the place said the car already had all the connections so it should work. It dosnt..

In the hood fusebox im seeing a place for a heated windscreen relay wich is empty. is this what im needing as the 60 amp fuse is already there?
solviken

Postby Bigkev75 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:50 am

Can’t see the images for some reason anymore has anyone got the pictures to pm me them please want to add heated front screen

Much appreciated big Kev

paul2012 wrote:As we know the heated mirrors & heated rear screen are controlled by the same heated rear screen switch :!: (although you may not have windows on the rear doors :lol:)

For members that have the Connect 2003 - 2006 LX model with heated elec mirrors, but no heated front windscreen. :( but wish to fit a heated windscreen, so it works on timer :D

I have the solution :shock: :shock:

Heres how to wire up a heated front windcreen (retrofit) :mrgreen:

First the basic wiring digram (well it is too me :lol:)

Fuse location for heated rear screens

Relay location for heated elec mirrors & heated rear screens (both run on same relay :wink: )

All you require is a 60A fuse, the correct amp rated wiring & 60A relay.
Wire up the relay as shown in wiring diagram. For the relay to work, it MUST be connected to PIN 5 (GN/BU) ON PLUG C10 on the back of fuse panel (located behind glove box)

By wiring the front heated screen this way. you can turn it on by pressing the heated rear screen button on centre console & will be automatically turned off as it should be :D

& is the safest as there is no overloading on current wiring loom !

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO CONNECT THE HEATED FRONT WINDSCREEN DIRECT TO THE HEATED MIRROR/REAR SCREEN RELAY ! IT WILL BURN OUT FUSE PANEL & YOUR WIRING LOOM !

HEATED REAR SCREENS ARE RATED TO 25A MAX

HEATED FRONT WINDSCREENS ARE RATED TO 60A MAX
Bigkev75
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Bigkev75 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:06 am

solviken wrote:Do someone have the pictures still? or have anyone else done this?. I have a t230LX with heated sidemirrors and backdoor windshield. I just retorofitted a heated front windshield and the guys at the place said the car already had all the connections so it should work. It dosnt..

In the hood fusebox im seeing a place for a heated windscreen relay wich is empty. is this what im needing as the 60 amp fuse is already there?

Hi mate,
Did you manage to get this done? I’m wanting to do it too but can’t see the images
Bigkev75
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby paul2012 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:25 am

Photos where hosted on photobucket as 3rd party hosting.

Unfortunately photobucket decided to change their policy. Meaning you had to pay a yearly fee for 3rd party hosting.
So all hosted photos were deleted.

I'm searching through numerous back ups. So I can re-post photos here :wink:
2007 Ford Mondeo mk4 1.8 TDCI -RETROFIT IN PROGRESS
2009 Jaguar X-Type 2.0D
2010 Vauxhall Insignia- RETROFIT IN PROGRESS

IDS & GM GDS2 services

SUBSCRIBE http://www.youtube.com/@PaulsTechChannel
paul2012
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Bigkev75 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:50 am

paul2012 wrote:Photos where hosted on photobucket as 3rd party hosting.

Unfortunately photobucket decided to change their policy. Meaning you had to pay a yearly fee for 3rd party hosting.
So all hosted photos were deleted.

I'm searching through numerous back ups. So I can re-post photos here :wink:

Thank you Paul much appreciated
Bigkev75
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Previous

Return to Transit Connect