*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

connect speedo problem

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

connect speedo problem

Postby mattyn666 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:17 pm

hi im matt im new to the forum, im after a bit of help with my transit connect 58 plate. shes developed a fault, for some reason the speedo has gone off, when i leave the van a day or two and then start it on tick over everything is ok mileage shows correctly and no lights on the dash, but as soon as i drive off, the odemeter goes blank with some line on the screen, speedo doesnt work, engine management light comes on, and also the light when you leave the handbrake on to. has anyone else experienced this,

iv plugged it in on my cheap eobd reader and it says there a abs fault which the abs light has been on for a while nowso presume its nothing to do with this fault. there are no other codes stored.
do you think the clock has broke?
mattyn666

Re: connect speedo problem

Postby paul2012 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:28 pm

mattyn666 wrote:hi im matt im new to the forum, im after a bit of help with my transit connect 58 plate. shes developed a fault, for some reason the speedo has gone off, when i leave the van a day or two and then start it on tick over everything is ok mileage shows correctly and no lights on the dash, but as soon as i drive off, the odemeter goes blank with some line on the screen, speedo doesnt work, engine management light comes on, and also the light when you leave the handbrake on to. has anyone else experienced this,

iv plugged it in on my cheap eobd reader and it says there a abs fault which the abs light has been on for a while nowso presume its nothing to do with this fault. there are no other codes stored.
do you think the clock has broke?

Wellcome to the forum :D

Post DTC's (error codes) here.

As for Speedo, if there's a significant ABS fault then speedo will also stop working.
This is due to vehicle speed is calculated via ABS system on connects from 2006-2013
2007 Ford Mondeo mk4 1.8 TDCI -RETROFIT IN PROGRESS
2009 Jaguar X-Type 2.0D
2010 Vauxhall Insignia- RETROFIT IN PROGRESS

IDS & GM GDS2 services

SUBSCRIBE http://www.youtube.com/@PaulsTechChannel
paul2012
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby mattyn666 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:39 pm

off the top of my head i dont have the code il get it tomorrow.

it has had a ns front wheel bearing fitted to it and after that its stopped working. it did say abs connection lost on the diagnostics machine. i have had a look at the sensor an it is fitted correctly in the hub, but it might of gone dud. i think a new sensor should probably be first port of call

also the wheel bearing was the abs type which was fitted.
mattyn666

Postby mattyn666 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:47 pm

the error code im getting is u0121 lost communication with ABS control module any idea what the next step should be. any help would be good getting to be a pain not having a speedo an lights all over the dashboard :(
mattyn666

Postby mattyn666 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:51 pm

also just checked the fuses under the glove box but they all seam fine. this is begginning to sound expensive!! :( :( :(
mattyn666

Postby Capovan » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:07 pm

You say its had a wheel bearing replaced prior to your problem with abs. The bearing could have been put in the wrong way and worth checking that the magnetic ring on bearing is facing inwards towards sensor on hub
Capovan
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby gt_addict » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:15 pm

That's if it's even a bearing that's for an ABS model. Some don't have abs and hence no magnatec ring for the sensor.
gt_addict
Remapped by Vantuner

Postby paul2012 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:21 pm

U0121 Lost communication with ABS control module

No power supplied to ABS pump - Check ABS fuses in fuse relay box located in engine bay & wiring from pump :!:
Or
ABS pump has failed - Replacement required. :(

PS- if ABS sensor is faulty then DTC generated would be for RELEVANT faulty sensor :wink:
2007 Ford Mondeo mk4 1.8 TDCI -RETROFIT IN PROGRESS
2009 Jaguar X-Type 2.0D
2010 Vauxhall Insignia- RETROFIT IN PROGRESS

IDS & GM GDS2 services

SUBSCRIBE http://www.youtube.com/@PaulsTechChannel
paul2012
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby mattyn666 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:07 pm

iv had the hub back off and the magnetic ring is facing inwards and yes it definitely a abs bearing with the ring. il have a look at the fuse box under the bonnet tomorrow as it was dark tonight and check them, i hope its a quick fix as all was well until that bearing was swapped. il report back tomorrow thanks fellas :D :D :D :D
mattyn666

Postby tez » Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:53 am

did u get this sorted out my dose the same for the last few days
tez
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Return to Transit Connect