*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

ford transit connect electric conversion advice

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

ford transit connect electric conversion advice

Postby johnxr318 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:04 am

hi i got a 2004 ford transit connect with electric windows. and just got a new connect 2006 with no electric windows and think off swapping bit to do a windows conversion help and advice
johnxr318
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: ford transit connect electric conversion advice

Postby APH » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:55 pm

it can be done, you will need the door cards complete with switches from the old van, the door wiring looms complete, and the window motors, basically everything out the doors except the speakers, door lock motor, glass, and glass side runners. everything else will need to be swapped for one to the other.

Took me about 30 minutes to do both sides on mine, but I'm used to working on transits :wink:

remove door card (screws down both sides and bottom, inside door handle, inside door lock release handle, and remove window winder which just pulls off) in lip door panel and lift off. peel away plastic covering film underneath, unclimbed and unplug all door wiring then remove the connection from he van body to the door by turning the round part about half a turn. remove the loom from the door by pulling the rubber boot section out of the door and feeding all the loom through (yes it must all go that way)

temporarily re attach window winder handle, and lower window until two bolts are accessible at the bottom edge of the glass. remove handle, remove those bolts.remove the outer window guide / runner from inside the door (held in with bolts) Pull the rubber window seal / surround out around the glass opening, and up out of the door then slide the glass up and out towards the outside (it does fit, but only in one position), remove the winder support bolts (x3) and the central glass guide runner (nuts at top and bottom if I recall correctly). remove complete winder assembly,

replace with new bits in reverse order, don't forget the one touch relay module to bolt onto the drivers door at the bottom left corner and plug into the loom. Fit fuse to dash fuse box and hope all the rest of the loom is there inside the van :wink:

If vans are the same colour, you could also just swap the doors complete instead 8)

Andy :D
03 2.4 TDDI 90 t350 LWB HR white panel van
X reg 2.4 TDDI 90 t350 MWB MR Yellow Panel van
56 reg lwb high roof connect, 1.8 tdci 90 t 220

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

this is bunny

copy and paste to help bunny gain world domination
APH
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby johnxr318 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:00 pm

thank you mate i give it a go tomorrow and let you no how i get on
johnxr318
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby johnxr318 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:23 pm

yes took your advice and fitted them took me a few hours but all work fine thank you so much cheer john
johnxr318
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby APH » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:16 pm

johnxr318 wrote:yes took your advice and fitted them took me a few hours but all work fine thank you so much cheer john

Glad you got it sorted 8) and thanks for replying.

Andy :D
03 2.4 TDDI 90 t350 LWB HR white panel van
X reg 2.4 TDDI 90 t350 MWB MR Yellow Panel van
56 reg lwb high roof connect, 1.8 tdci 90 t 220

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

this is bunny

copy and paste to help bunny gain world domination
APH
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby NigeS » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:09 am

Hi all,

Tried to do the conversion yesterday into my 2007 using the bits I removed from my 2002 I scrapped a while back.

All going well till i went to fit the fuse, the fuse box doesn't have the contacts ! So I assume there's
a change to the loom. Looked at the wiring diagrams on main page of forum but can't seem to find anything
to do with the windows.

Regards
Nige
NigeS

Postby John235 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:38 am

Transit.jpg
Let's see if I can attach a pic which might help!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
John235
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby kev rach » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:34 pm

johnxr318 wrote:yes took your advice and fitted them took me a few hours but all work fine thank you so much cheer john

hi where is the fuse module i'm doing a window upgrade and a bit puzzled
kev rach

Postby John235 » Fri May 07, 2021 2:27 pm

The fuse should be F54 (25A)in the passenger fuseboard which is behind the glovebox. Third fuse from one end, row furthest from the realy panel
John235
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Transit Connect