*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

07 90ps tdci connect, sluggish no power below 1800 rpm?

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

07 90ps tdci connect, sluggish no power below 1800 rpm?

Postby APH » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:09 am

hi all my connect is an 07 plate 90ps tdci van, which has a slight issue in that it feels very slow/ gutless through all gears if revs are below about 1800. You put foot down and nothing realy happens until revs get to about 2000....then suddenly whoosh you feel the boost and it pulls like the clappers. If I need to overtake or pull up a steep hill, I have to change down to second and over rev most of the time to get any decent throttle response. The rest of the time it almost feels like you are pushing it to get a any power. and have to have throttle almost on the floor for even slight hills etc.

I was wondering if a failing egr could be causing loss of boos below that rev range, although I get no warning lights or smoke at all. just slightly rough at idle sometimes until engine has run for about 30 / 40 seconds or so.

strange thing is, it doesn't always drive like it. some days I can pull off first thing in the morning and I shoot off with next to no throttle, pull out our drive up a steep hill and change up into 4th. and still pull no problem and it will drive really well with barely any touch of the throttle for miles and miles, until I stop and start up again, then back to really flat feeling, and slow to build any speed until revs hit about 1800...then away it goes again pulling like a train until revs drop (slow down or change up a gear)

Any ideas where to start guys? egr, maf, map,?

I have recently done a service, and new air and diesel filters etc, made no difference at all.

Andy :D
03 2.4 TDDI 90 t350 LWB HR white panel van
X reg 2.4 TDDI 90 t350 MWB MR Yellow Panel van
56 reg lwb high roof connect, 1.8 tdci 90 t 220

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

this is bunny

copy and paste to help bunny gain world domination
APH
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Re: 07 90ps tdci connect, sluggish no power below 1800 rpm?

Postby JayKay3000 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:51 pm

My 05 does this too with the 1.9tdci engine.

I find once it gets to 30mph the turbo starts working although my turbo sounds like a someone using an air gun from inside the cab or with the windows open.

I've been told my turbo is on the way out and that it was a bit seized while I was having work done. Post the other work it still feels about the same.

I read it's the EGR valve searching for other cars and maybe that's what my mechanic meant when he mentioned the sized turbo.

There are a couple of videos on youtube, it looks fairly easy to check by a novice.
JayKay3000
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: 07 90ps tdci connect, sluggish no power below 1800 rpm?

Postby richeros » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:00 am

Andy, did you ever get this sorted? I have more or less the same and plan to look at the EGR next.
richeros

Return to Transit Connect