*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

CSC bleeding

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

CSC bleeding

Postby Piglet » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:10 am

Fitted new Valeo 3 piece kit.
Tried bleeding both manually and with pressure bleeder but it's not coming up what I would call firm.
Any suggestions?
Piglet
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: CSC bleeding

Postby mk2dk » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:55 pm

It's important to keep your reservoir fully topped, or it will continue to get air into the system. The csc/brakes share reservoir, but the csc draws fluid from a higher point inside the resrvoir to avoid brake failure caused by a leaking csc. I had problems bleeding mine till I became aware of this :(
mk2dk
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby karl » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:28 pm

back bleed it mate

get an oil can with the correct diameter for the nipple and pump back the to reservoir

best way to do these other wise you can bleed for ever on these " in fact any hydraulic clutch system " are all the same even HGV get this treatment :D
karl
Tranny Lover!!!

Postby Piglet » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:11 pm

Put the pressure bleeder on the nipple and ran a pint back up the wrong way. Feels the same, new clutch seems quite close to the floor but it drives fine and the peddle comes all the way up so must be OK.
Piglet
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby twotanks » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:09 pm

Piglet wrote:Put the pressure bleeder on the nipple and ran a pint back up the wrong way. Feels the same, new clutch seems quite close to the floor but it drives fine and the peddle comes all the way up so must be OK.

Did your clutch pressure ever improve? Just had fitted a Valeo clutch, and LUK slave and master cylinder but I'm having similar problems as you. Biting point near the floor and clutch pedal seems to have an inch of play and often doesn't come back the full way - have to put my foot under it to pull it back the last inch.
twotanks

Postby Piglet » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:08 pm

It either settled in or I got used to it, either way it feels good now.
I bled it several times forwards & backwards before I drove it though.
Piglet
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby twotanks » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:49 pm

Piglet wrote:It either settled in or I got used to it, either way it feels good now.
I bled it several times forwards & backwards before I drove it though.

Thanks for the quick reply. That's what I'll have to do too. Had been thinking about getting one of those Sealey VS820 pressure bleeders, but I don't think they are compatible for back bleeding.
twotanks

Postby twotanks » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:36 pm

Just an update - now detecting a drip from the gearbox housing - new slave cylinder must be leaking. Clutch pedal still light. Went back and checked the original invoice - looks like they've put the DI 75hp clutch plate in instead of the one for the 90hp. Give me strength!
twotanks

Return to Transit Connect