*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Hot start issues after new injectors

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Hot start issues after new injectors

Postby Chrisg333 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:38 am

Hi all, I wonder if you can help me, had a connect for over two years and ever since buying it I've had the dreaded intermittent limp mode issue that was supposed to down to a bad batch of Siemans injectors released in 2008, recently injector number 1 gave up so yesterday I got all 4 replaced for just under £1K, it now runs really well with no hesitation and bags of power (110bhp model) but it now won't start when it's hot, no codes are stored and no engine light unless I keep trying to turn it over when the starter motor pretention kicks in, the mechanic that fitted the injectors put it on his comp and it seems it's not generating enough fuel pressure to start but it does when the engine is cold, we've changed the filter and that has improved it but it's touch and go whether it will start before the starter motor disables itself, I've bought a pressure regulator which he will fit tomorrow but wondered if any of you had any other ideas of what we should check or replace? Thanks for any help.
Chrisg333

Re: Hot start issues after new injectors

Postby liteace » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:48 am

Take it somewhere that has got official Ford diag equipment, with that a complete fuel pressure test can be run to pinpoint exactly where the problem is
Please don't send me PM's, i can't access them, when I try I get this:

You are not authorised to send private messages
liteace
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby axxeman » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:15 pm

Faulty cam, or crank, position sensor breaking down under thermal expansion.
axxeman
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Kenton » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:58 pm

Possibly a good call to replace both - as well as the injectors? I replaced my cam sensor before i did the injectors a week ago, just to be on the safe side.
2005 T230 LX 90 TDCi LWB
ST 17" alloys
Focus ST170 seats
Fiesta Zetec S/W & G/K
Mondeo Inner Door handles & vents
Sport spoiler
Blacked h/lights
Side bars
Facelift rear lights
Lined/carpeted
Lowered on Gaz kit
110 intercooler
De-Cat
Remapped
Kenton
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Chrisg333 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:54 am

Hi All, thanks for the sugestions. I've booked it into a Ford dealer next week for Diagnostics. Hopefully it just needs a PCM update but if not hopefully they will find the issue. I've read else where about the cam and crank sensors failing but I just find it odd that prior to fitting the new injectors it started perfectly hot or cold and this issue seems to have only come about after fitting the new injectors, seems a bit too coincidental for a sensor to fail just at the same time the work was done, if they are failing due to heat i would have thought they would have started showing issues before, otherwise it runs and drives really nicely and starts on the first turn when cold.
Chrisg333

Postby Kenton » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:06 pm

How did you get on mate?
2005 T230 LX 90 TDCi LWB
ST 17" alloys
Focus ST170 seats
Fiesta Zetec S/W & G/K
Mondeo Inner Door handles & vents
Sport spoiler
Blacked h/lights
Side bars