*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Transit Connect L2 240 crash sensor question

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Transit Connect L2 240 crash sensor question

Postby eddynoodles » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:08 pm

Hi Guys, i'm new but loving the forum, so much info! I have searched for my particular issue but couldn't find anything relating to the connect, only the bigger Transits.
I Have very recently acquired a 2014 Plate Mk2 L2 240 1.6 TDCI 95s model that in time i intend to kit out as a mini campervan. I bought it as salvage repairable (Cat S) having only done 17,000 miles, i'm not overly bothered about resale value as to be honest i have every intention to use it for a long time, or at least until i'm over my midlife crisis! With it being a front corner shunt i will need to fit a new wing, headlight and front panel and have slight damage to the bonnet repaired. 1st off can anyone recommend anywhere to buy said parts, not overly bothered about them being aftermarket ones.
And secondly and the main reason for posting, the drivers airbag has gone and presumably the seatbelt prestensioner so i'll need new(or from a donor van) but my question is will i also need a new crash sensor and if so where are they located? behind front bumper? I will obviously need the ecu clearing of crash data but having looked on t'interweb it only costs £25 if you send it away.
Thanks
Eddy
eddynoodles

Re: Transit Connect L2 240 crash sensor question

Postby liteace » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:19 pm

No you wont need a new crash sensor unless its has been damaged on impact
Please don't send me PM's, i can't access them, when I try I get this:

You are not authorised to send private messages
liteace
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Re: Transit Connect L2 240 crash sensor question