*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

blanked egr throwing maf code?

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

blanked egr throwing maf code?

Postby dymondaudio » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:22 pm

Hi, is the 1.8tdci engine from a connect the same as fitted to a c-max?

I have a 2009 1.8 TDCI C-max that's got a couple of issues, the c-max owners forum doesn't seem very active and was wondering if anyone on here could help?

When you boot it the engine malfunction bonging and warning come up on the dash. The only code stored is P010F : Mass or volume air flow sensor A/B Correlation

When I bought the car the boost sensor (I'm assuming this is what it is? or IAT sensor???) was disconnected and the MIL lamp was lit but it didn't ping up with engine malfunction when you boot it. I re-plugged in the boost sensor and the MIL went out but now pings up engine malfunction when booting it. I've cleaned this sensor and the maf sensor but the problem remains. I have also inspected the boost hoses for leaks as best I can but can't see anything. unless the intercooler itself is damaged.

I was planning on blanking the egr, but when I went to do it I noticed that a previous owner had already done it! Could this be the cause of the above issue? If I get the egr mapped out will it solve it?

Thanks for any info.
2008 2.4 T350/140 Trend LWB H/R

Previous
2008 2.4 T350/115 LWB HR
2006 2.4 T350/100 LX LWB MR
2002 2.0 T280/75 MWB MR
2000 2.5 SWB MR
dymondaudio
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: blanked egr throwing maf code?

Postby Piglet » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:47 pm

Not sure I can answer your question but:
I had a EGR delete which I guess only blocks the error reporting as when I fitted the blank it created a horrible flat spot, so I took it out again.
My 2008 has 3 air sensors, MAF/intake temp on the airbox, MAP on the intercooler-turbo pipe & another IAT on intercooler-turbo pipe.
It runs fine with any of the 3 disconnected but throws up an error.

You could try removing the blank and see if the MAF fault disappears.
Piglet
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Transit Connect