*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

PCM update , main dealer only ?

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

PCM update , main dealer only ?

Postby connectboy » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:31 am

My 230 110 isnt very smooth with its power delivery, the injectors are not the original ones so I'm wondering if a PCM update will help.

Is a PCM update a main dealer only task or do some independent garages also do this. Also is there a way I can check what version is already installed and if there is an update available first.

Thanks
connectboy
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: PCM update , main dealer only ?

Postby loot » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:05 am

Anyone with ids can do it, it tells you if there's an update when you go into module reprogramming.

I doubt the pcm update will cure smooth running problems on its own as that is down to the condition of the engine and its components.
However, depending on what service routines are available for your model and whether the injectors are coded in or not, you should perform all available options as well as having an upto date service including fuel filter.

Also maybe have the fault codes read and maybe clean the map sensor etc.

Someone who is familiar with connects will sort you out.
56 350 2.2 130ps mk7 with 2 side doors 8)
65 290 2.2 125ps custom with 2 side doors 8)
07 350 170ps
Ids v86 licence + v86.04 update + xprog here
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Postby Piglet » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:13 am

following
Piglet
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby lightning » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:18 pm

I had a 2008 Connect 110ps from new for six years and while it was a great van, power delivery was never perfectly smooth. It lurched and shunted at certain throttle openings and self-revved when trying to reverse.
There was a wierd surge at 2500 rpm when accelerating as if somebody had hit it up the rear.
It had various PCM updates but it was never cured. In the end l did 80,000 miles in the van and just drove around the issues.

I had the engine remapped but that wasn’t entirely successful either, sometimes it was great and other times (usually after sitting in traffic) when you accelerated it would go into some sort of reduced power mode.
lightning
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Return to Transit Connect