*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Help with Heated Windscreen

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Help with Heated Windscreen

Postby Yellow peril » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:22 pm

IMG_20180919_103451[1].jpg
Hi, Just wondered if anyone is able to help... I have a 2012 Transit Connect Crew Van that originally was a police vehicle. As part of the police conversion, the heated front windscreen switch was moved to the centre console between gearstick and handbrake. There switch/screen does not work, there is no light on the switch (engine running or not) and does not appear to be any voltage on any of the six wires going into the switch (engine running or not). I have checked the 60A fuse in the engine bay fuseboard and thats fine so just wondered if there are any other fuses to look at or anywhere else where the supply may have been disconnected? For info the vehicle was also fitted with an antares split charger that has been isolated (but is still in place).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yellow peril

Re: Help with Heated Windscreen

Postby axxeman » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:06 am

I think that there is a timer relay as the heated screen only runs for a couple of minutes. Don't ask me where it is etc but my '04 has definitely got a 2/3 minute relay in circuit.
axxeman
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby paul2012 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:25 pm

Yellow peril wrote:
IMG_20180919_103451[1].jpg
Hi, Just wondered if anyone is able to help... I have a 2012 Transit Connect Crew Van that originally was a police vehicle. As part of the police conversion, the heated front windscreen switch was moved to the centre console between gearstick and handbrake. There switch/screen does not work, there is no light on the switch (engine running or not) and does not appear to be any voltage on any of the six wires going into the switch (engine running or not). I have checked the 60A fuse in the engine bay fuseboard and thats fine so just wondered if there are any other fuses to look at or anywhere else where the supply may have been disconnected? For info the vehicle was also fitted with an antares split charger that has been isolated (but is still in place).

I assume that in the second photo it's the hazard switch the is plugged in (if not. it would never pass MOT with no hazard lights) :roll:

As for heated front/rear screen switch. Both are controlled via GEM module on 2009-2013 Connects.

I would check behind upper panel below central heater vents. To see if original wiring is still in place.

DSCF7291.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2007 Ford Mondeo mk4 1.8 TDCI -RETROFIT IN PROGRESS
2009 Jaguar X-Type 2.0D
2010 Vauxhall Insignia- RETROFIT IN PROGRESS

IDS & GM GDS2 services

SUBSCRIBE http://www.youtube.com/@PaulsTechChannel
paul2012
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Yellow peril » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:56 pm

Thanks, it's the heated front screen switch that has the wiring going to it but no voltage on any of the 6 cables. The 'hazard' switch next to it has no wiring going to it (blue lights?? ) but the hazard lights are wired to another hazard light switch in the usual position - all working.. Did a bit more digging and there's another 7.5A fuse in the engine bay fuse box labelled as heated front screen but no voltage either side of it..
Yellow peril

Postby John235 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:04 pm

According to my Haynes book, the power feed for the switch comes from the ignition switch via F60, a 7.5 amp fuse in the passenger fuse box. Admittedly this is for a pre-2011 vehicle, but might be similar on yours.
The switch provides power to a relay in battery fuse-box.
Even the Haynes diagram is none too clear!
John235
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Transit Connect