*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Alarm System Interior Motion Sensor

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Alarm System Interior Motion Sensor

Postby MrData » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:47 am

Just picked up my new 2019 LWB Transit Connect Wagon.

It has the anti theft alarm with interior motion sensors.

The owners manual gives some advice on deactivating the motion sensors. They can be on, off or set to ask each time whether I want them on or off.
Apparently that's how it works on other Ford models, possibly on earlier TCs, but there are no controls to do that either on the sync screen settings or the dashboard settings.

Service department says there's no way to deactivate the motion sensors and they could possibly crawl in there and disconnect them if I want.

Well, I don't want them disconnected, I want to be able to use them if I lock the vehicle empty or deactivate them when I have the canine co-pilot along.

Apparently there's no way to lock the vehicle without activating the alarm either.

Thinking of trying black tape over the sensors but there should be some intelligent way of disabling the sensors in the TC if it can be done on other models.
Anyone from Ford monitoring this forum? Could this possibly get fixed with a software update?

***Update *** Th black tape over the sensors works -- not the ideal fix though
MrData

Re: Alarm System Interior Motion Snesor

Postby Altransit » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:21 pm

I'm not sure if it's the same, but on my 2012 Focus, the alarm sensor menu is accessed via the RH steering wheel button. The options are On, Off, and Prompt(or something similar)

Mine were on all the time, so I changed it to Prompt, and it now lights up on the dash and asks if you want the sensors disabled when you turn off the engine. They will default to On, unless you hit the OK button on the RH control.

HTH
1994 Mk4 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (R.I.P.)
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
Altransit
Site Moderator

Re: Alarm System Interior Motion Snesor

Postby Cargomelinha » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:23 am

Hello,

Sometimes while we are sleeping in our 2019 Transit Cargo, the alarm starts and we reckon its the internal motion sensors. You said you had some luck using black tape (electrical tape?), so the only thing we need to know now is where exactly these sensors are. We had a look in the manual but the picture didn't make it obvious to us where the sensors are. Any advice much appreciated :D
Cargomelinha

Return to Transit Connect