*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Only cold air from heaters

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Only cold air from heaters

Postby Daniel1979 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:16 pm

Hi all, new here and hoping I could get some help.

I have a problem with my heaters on a 56 plate 1.8 Connect. Speed setting works ok but only blows cold air. While trying to figure this out today I noticed that although the temp gauge rises to the centre of the dial, it does dip slightly under hard acceleration. Related?

The top pipe from the rad is hot and the bottom one I would say is v.warm. Def not as hot as the top one. I'm assuming that this is the way a rad is supposed to work.

Other thing ive noticed is when turning the heater control from cold to warm and back again I don't notice any change in resistance or any sound differences. Could this be a problem with the heat selector or wiring?

What do you think I should focus on first? I should also probably mention that I'm not a mechanic, I'm an electrician so simple terms would good :D

Cheers
Dan
Daniel1979

Re: Only cold air from heaters

Postby APH » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:16 pm

welcome to the forum. Everything sounds ok to do with temp gauges and rad hoses etc, apart from the temperature control (blend door) operation on your heater isn't working correctly. I can't for the life of me remember if this is electrically operated, or mechanical cable drive from the control knob. i'll have to check.

Andy :D
03 2.4 TDDI 90 t350 LWB HR white panel van
X reg 2.4 TDDI 90 t350 MWB MR Yellow Panel van
56 reg lwb high roof connect, 1.8 tdci 90 t 220

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

this is bunny

copy and paste to help bunny gain world domination
APH
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Daniel1979 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:36 pm

Hi Andy, thanks for the reply. Been away for the weekend so only just seen this. I'll get the radio out tomorrow and have a look at the control knob. See what I can find.

Cheers
Dan
Daniel1979

Postby APH » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:45 pm

Hi, I have checked on mine, and it's cable operated, it may have just come unclipped from the back of the knob.

Andy :D
03 2.4 TDDI 90 t350 LWB HR white panel van
X reg 2.4 TDDI 90 t350 MWB MR Yellow Panel van
56 reg lwb high roof connect, 1.8 tdci 90 t 220

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

this is bunny

copy and paste to help bunny gain world domination
APH
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Daniel1979 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:03 pm

Problem solved. Well partly :D The other end of the cable from the knob had come off the heater box. Wish I'd noticed before removing the radio and dismantling half the dash :roll:

Also discovered the direction control isn't working, seems to be connected correctly, think the cable may have stretched. At least its blowing on the windscreen.

Thanks for your help Andy.

Dan
Daniel1979

Return to Transit Connect