*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

New to me transit connect

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

New to me transit connect

Postby Sparkylc4 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:30 pm

Evening all,

I recently bought a non runner 2005 lx model, it turned out to be the fuel pump module so replaced the whole pump & walla it’s up and running albeit a little smokey at times, I will be putting some injector cleaner in to see if that helps.

I have a few issues with electrics that I was hoping someone could shed some light on for me please.
No internal lights
No reversing lights (not bulbs) I’ve been through every fuse and all ok & bulbs are good too but it seems I have no power to the electrical plugs unless I’m doing something wrong ( probably )
Only the passenger side heated windscreen works, I’m hoping to have a look at the connections under the wiper arm trims to make sure all is ok there.
I have also noticed that the speedo trip odometer won’t work correctly.
I have read somewhere in the past that the speedo when faulty can cause other problems within the electric system is this the case with some f these problems.

I have been trying to find any info on this brilliant forum but seem to be struggling to find an correct info, I would really appreciate any assistance links etc for these few problems.
Apart from that the van seems to be ok it’s in very good condition and underneath is amazingly good with very little rust which is pretty amazing for fords.

Kind regards to you all
Mark
Sparkylc4
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Transit Connect