*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Various error codes on 2009 T200 L Transit Connect

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Various error codes on 2009 T200 L Transit Connect

Postby jmct88 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:47 pm

Hi

I'm having some issues with my Connect and I'm really hoping that someone can point me in the right direction!

I had the EML come on before Christmas and was told this was for the glow plug circuit. It was reset but came back on so I had the plugs replaced. A week or so later it came back on but this time accompanied by the powertrain light when accelerating hard or when the revs go above 2500 - 3000 rpm.

I've been doing quite a bit of reading on here so I've checked the intercooler hoses and replaced one (couldn't get the left one off....) to be safe and I've checked the EGR value which is moving OK and not getting stuck.

It does have a minor oil leak and there is a bit of misting on the passenger side of the engine (thought this might be a split in the intercooler hose but apparently not). It generally runs OK but is possibly a bit down on power and does stutter occasionally in 2/3 gear.

I've since had the codes re-read and it's got the following stored:

P0380 Glow plug circuit
P0236 Turbo boost issue
P0068 MAP sensor fault
P0490 EGR control fault
P010F Mass air flow fault

Judging on what I've read online it seems like maybe there is a common issue with the vacuum supply/hoses but not sure where to start so any pointers would be great.

I've not got much experience with engines at all but am happy to see if there are any easy targets to check before admitting defeat and seeing how much a garage might charge to take a look. Any good ideas on what to check first? I've got a bluetooth reader in the post so I'm hoping to see if anything else comes up when going for a drive.

Cheers
jmct88

Re: Various error codes on 2009 T200 L Transit Connect

Postby martynx » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:36 pm

I'd replace EGR then recheck codes as EGR may be stuck open, that could possible cause the other codes. Could easily be a wiring issue also, i've never sen one with that many related codes. Look for obvious wear in loom conduit ,on engine.

for egr/dpf deletes, power tuning, updates,cloning,speed limiter removal,cruise control, euro 3/4/5/6 limiters & key's !
martynx
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby jmct88 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:11 pm

Thanks for the reply! I took in into a garage in the end and after a new pump didn't do the trick it turned out to be a blocked vacuum pipe.
jmct88

Postby martynx » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:12 pm

jmct88 wrote:Thanks for the reply! I took in into a garage in the end and after a new pump didn't do the trick it turned out to be a blocked vacuum pipe.

Wow, great news, glad its sorted.

for egr/dpf deletes, power tuning, updates,cloning,speed limiter removal,cruise control, euro 3/4/5/6 limiters & key's !
martynx
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Return to Transit Connect