*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Remap.

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Remap.

Postby barrymanifold » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:58 pm

Hi all,
my 07 connect is getting around 360 miles,on a tank of fuel. (90 bhp by the way).
I know they're not the best,due to poor aerodynamics,and i do a lot of short journeys,so is my mpg reasonable?
Thing is,i can get it remapped,and there are two points for me to consider.Will increasing the bhp,give me better
or worse mileage,and does having it remapped,cause any problems/fragility,further down the road.Thing is,it's
pokey enough as it is,and if there's a trade off, it would have to be well worth it....Cheers.
barrymanifold
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Remap.

Postby martynx » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:31 pm

The engine is strong, the clutch is the main weakness, being good for about 330nm / 130ps. Not such as issue on Your 90 as it will make around 115 tuned but MPG improvements are rare on that engine, so only tune it for more power if you need that. 360 is in the normal range, it being 280 to 440 ish.

for egr/dpf deletes, power tuning, updates,cloning,speed limiter removal,cruise control, euro 3/4/5/6 limiters & key's !
martynx
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby barrymanifold » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:41 pm

martynx wrote:The engine is strong, the clutch is the main weakness, being good for about 330nm / 130ps. Not such as issue on Your 90 as it will make around 115 tuned but MPG improvements are rare on that engine, so only tune it for more power if you need that. 360 is in the normal range, it being 280 to 440 ish.

Thanks mate, i've worked out that i'm actually getting around 40 mpg, and thats with short journeys,and a lot of stop/starting.That appears to be very decent for a connect.
Like i mentioned,the vans pokey enough,and for some reason,acceleration,particularly in second and third,seems phenomenal for a van.After your advice,i think i'll leave it
as it is...cheers again :)
barrymanifold
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby samwatkins13 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:22 am

Hi mate,
I thought about getting a remap for a long time and then I finally got a bit of spare money and drove up to Vantuner to get it done trust me it’s definitely worth it, the best way I can describe it is as if someone sprayed wd40 on the throttle you’ve only gotta lightly press it and it pulls hard, my connect is an 07 with 200000 on the clock and I get about 40mpg and I put my foot down a lot of the time. It’s well worth it.
samwatkins13

Postby martynx » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:00 pm

samwatkins13 wrote:Hi mate,
I thought about getting a remap for a long time and then I finally got a bit of spare money and drove up to Vantuner to get it done trust me it’s definitely worth it, the best way I can describe it is as if someone sprayed wd40 on the throttle you’ve only gotta lightly press it and it pulls hard, my connect is an 07 with 200000 on the clock and I get about 40mpg and I put my foot down a lot of the time. It’s well worth it.

Nice to hear Sam, good MPG also :D

for egr/dpf deletes, power tuning, updates,cloning,speed limiter removal,cruise control, euro 3/4/5/6 limiters & key's !
martynx
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby barrymanifold » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:46 pm

samwatkins13 wrote:Hi mate,

Thanks for your input mate it's appreciated.It's actually a pal who does it,and it's only eighty quid,but performance wise the van does me perfectly.It was the fuel usage i was interested in.
Now that i realise my fuel returns are reasonable,it's a case of "if it ain't broke,don't fix it". The good thing is,due to the advice from the two of you,i'm now more informed,especially if
i start dragging heavier loads around 8)
barrymanifold
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby lightning » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:42 am

40mpg is pretty good, l never got more than 35mpg out of my 110ps Connect on local journeys.
lightning
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby doebag » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:49 am

On my 90PS Tourneo, my wife gets approx. 35mpg doing very local journeys. If I go long distance using Motorways/Dual carriageways I can get to just over 50mpg with a bit of thoughtful driving.
If you're getting 40mpg that's not a bad figure.
doebag
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Transit Connect