*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Peoples thoughts on TDDI & TDCI engine

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Peoples thoughts on TDDI & TDCI engine

Postby stugordon » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:31 pm

Just wondering what people think is the better engine the TDDI or TDCI?
Just asking as my old van was a TDDI whereas the van I have now is the TDCI. Personally I find the TDCI a better drive as faster & smother to drive although the TDDI was more reliable.
I would say fuel consumption is about the same depending how much weight I'm carrying although I do tend to over load either van when needs be.
What do people think??
Thanks
stugordon
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Peoples thoughts on TDDI & TDCI engine

Postby Piglet » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:53 pm

The widely held belief is that the Delphi Tdci shat pumps & injectors, the post 06 Siemens Tdci doesn't and is superior to the Tddi.
Piglet
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby barrymanifold » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:40 pm

I've had a number of both,and always thought the tddi was better,but that wasn't down to driving experience,it was more a case of 'indoctrination'.
You here so many say "tddi", pretty soon you repeat it yourself.Truth is,the only thing i have found different,is the tdci has much better acceleration,
and the tddi used to be a bit flat.
One thing i am pleased about with my tdci,is it's the last of the chain drive.My mates van is a wet belt, and it's due for a replacement...i don't envy him. :D
barrymanifold
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby barrymanifold » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:42 pm

barrymanifold wrote:I've had a number of both,and always thought the tddi was better,but that wasn't down to driving experience,it was more a case of 'indoctrination'.
You here so many say "tddi", pretty soon you repeat it yourself.Truth is,the only thing i have found different,is the tdci has much better acceleration,
and the tddi used to be a bit flat.
One thing i am pleased about with my tdci,is it's the last of the chain drive.My mates van is a wet belt, and it's due for a replacement...i don't envy him. :D

Hear ,not here you divvy! :lol: :lol: :lol:
barrymanifold
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby mick82 » Sat May 18, 2019 10:11 pm

Hi guys do the older engine's have the same pistons in as the newer ones
mick82

Return to Transit Connect