*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

2006 Tddi won’t turn over

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

2006 Tddi won’t turn over

Postby Connect gym » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:03 pm

Hello there
Over the past few morning my van 1.8 tddi connect has been giving all the symptoms off a battery on its way out. Sluggish turning over to the point it would not start after work last night. It tried to turn over slowly then nothing at all, just a relay click sound from behind the glove box, so we bump started it and I did my 29 mile drive home. So today tried i checked the battery voltage and that was 12.2v so decided on replacing it due to symptoms and voltage reading but still the same thing won’t turn over at all nothing, I then too off the starter motor to bench test it and it checked out ok. I am getting no warning lights, the dash lights are doing what they are supposed to and then going out, and the thing will bump start fine as I’ve just been to the shops and back in it but again now home and parked up again it just won’t turn over, please can anyone shed any light onto this.
Connect gym

Re: 2006 Tddi won’t turn over

Postby stugordon » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:57 pm

Check the smart charge wires from the altornater ( thin wires from plug on side of alternator) they regularly corrode & fail.
stugordon
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Transit Connect