*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Anyone recognise this symptom?

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Anyone recognise this symptom?

Postby Boghopper » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:15 am

Been driving for about 2 minutes, only going slow, van a 2006 TDCi, 60,000 miles, well serviced and good nick. Anyway just poodling down a hill and the engine cuts out dead. The lights stay on (it was dark) the clocks didn't jump about, all's that happened was the rev counter needle dropped off. There was no Engine Management light either. Anyway, I put the clutch in and coasted for about 15 seconds, then restarted her and she started first flick and carried on perfectly, as if nowt had happened. Drove home, about seven miles perfectly. Thing is I'll be pooing myself now as to where it's going to conk out. Just wondered if anyone had any ideas.
Boghopper
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Anyone recognise this symptom?

Postby liteace » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:36 am

ALL modern vehicles have an engine management system with a diagnostic socket, after problem always plug a diag tool in to see if there are any fault codes, instead of guessing
Please don't send me PM's, i can't access them, when I try I get this:

You are not authorised to send private messages
liteace
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Re: Anyone recognise this symptom?

Postby Boghopper » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:45 pm

I use ForDIAG and it needs a laptop to run, which last night was flat, as I hadn't used it for a while. I charged it up first thing this morning and went and and gave the ECU a scan, no codes! I didn't think there would be. Thanks for your help.
Boghopper
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Transit Connect