*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

2016 Transit connect - Headlights won't operate

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

2016 Transit connect - Headlights won't operate

Postby C & S direct » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:34 pm

Hi there,

I've got an issue with my 2016 Transit Connect Limited, while the van is runner or ignition on the light's stay on constantly- not DRL, they won't operate to function in any of the positions- side light, main light or auto etc, neither does the high beam flash work on the stalk.

So far-

With the ignition off, the speedo beep's to confirm you are leaving a side light on for park - using indicator, if you use the flash high beam motion it also beep's, this say's to me that the stalk work's.

I've been into the bcm to check for issues there and it all seem's ok, looked at the a build data and this also look's ok for the light configuration.

The fuse's are all ok.

I've tried a different switch exactly the same with the auto light's and a standard switch neither make a difference.

I've plugged the van in and it's come up with the Code B1130-87-2F, Light switch module lost signal.

One thing I wont to ask if there's a ford tech reading - Are there different light's for these van's? It was accident damaged and have bought the standard black light's from a lower spec vehicle, I'm wondered if the van need's a different set from a limited version which my van is. I just prefer black light's to chrome but have never taken any notice to wether they pin out differently or have additional pin's essentially the missing signal.

Not got access to auto data to see the wiring diagrams etc this would be a great help if someone has this info.

Thank you for the help in advance
C & S direct
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: 2016 Transit connect - Headlights won't operate

Postby C & S direct » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:56 pm

Can anyone help? Thank you
C & S direct
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Altransit » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:45 pm

My best guess is that they're the wrong headlights :? I'm not familiar with the Connect exactly, but it could be that one has DRL's or HIDS, or cornering lights built-in, and one hasn't, so the wiring, and functionality will be different between the two types :idea:

'Tis only my theory though :mrgreen:
1994 Mk4 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (R.I.P.)
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
Altransit
Site Moderator

Postby C & S direct » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:18 pm

It's intermittent now, been working on and off last few days???

Is there anyone kind enough with access to the wiring diagrams?

Thank you.
C & S direct
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby C & S direct » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:47 pm

Manage to find the issue, there is a green connector block (next to the BCM) with a blue release arm, this connector wasn't home properly, when I looked at it I could see that the one side wasn't fully engaged. I separated it and check the pins where all ok and it was simply the release arm which had flexed and not engaged the block properly.

Anyway it is now sorted all lights are working, high, low, side, all fogs and auto lights now.

Happy days! The only thing different with the lights is the internal colour or side reflector which I'm glad about because I prefer the black sets.

:D
C & S direct
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby bimma328 » Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:19 am

Hi I have the exact same issue. However the only green plug I found is the one on the BCM. I attached a picture I only have a black plug with blue ears next to it. I tried plugging and unplugging but same result.
20221122_200145.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bimma328

Postby windgen » Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:56 am

C & S direct wrote:it was simply the release arm which had flexed and not engaged the block properly.

YES! THANK YOU!
I had the same problem today in my Ford Focus after installing a new dashcam. I have lost sooo much time figuring what the hell happened.
Luckily, I found your post and it was the very same issue - blue arm wasn't fully engaged :roll:
Thanks for sharing the fix, and happy new year!
windgen

Postby TheSnowman » Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:14 pm

I had a few weird electric issues on my old connect a few years ago. I found disconnecting the battery for 10-15 mins seemed to re-set everything
TheSnowman

Return to Transit Connect