*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

12v power socket 09 Connect

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

12v power socket 09 Connect

Postby travelling man » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:10 pm

How do I get access to the rear of the 12v socket that's mounted just forward of the gearstick at the base of the central part of the dash,please?

TIA!
'05 Transit Connect T230 LX TDCi Engine buggered in Spain,replaced with a T200 base 12 plate in white which also buggered it's engine in Spain!
2nd Connect had breakdown insurance and an engine swap, see how long it lasts.....
travelling man
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: 12v power socket 09 Connect

Postby travelling man » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:23 pm

! am a complete bellend.....Van is a 12 plate!
'05 Transit Connect T230 LX TDCi Engine buggered in Spain,replaced with a T200 base 12 plate in white which also buggered it's engine in Spain!
2nd Connect had breakdown insurance and an engine swap, see how long it lasts.....
travelling man
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby travelling man » Fri May 24, 2019 12:33 pm

To answer my own question,just in case it helps other members,the gearstick surround panel is held by four plastic prongs,two behind the stick but forward of the centre console and one at each side at it's forward end.
Start at the rear,using a broad scraper to lift the cover up,then wiggle the front prongs out.

Haynes claims that the gearshift knob un-screws,which would enable one to lift the panel clear,but my knob just goes round and round.....

Anyway,I was able to access the rear of the existing 12v socket to add an earth and a live feed to a voltmeter,and to add a second 12v socket fed from my liesure battery,along with a feed from this to the voltmeter.The voltmeter is switched via a centre off momentary contact switch mounted on the passenger side of the centre console,so by lifting or depressing the switch I am able to monitor both battery voltages on the same instrument.the folding passenger seat just clears the switch toggle when it is folded....
The digital voltmeter has been mounted,via it's supplied sticky pad,just to the left of the hazard warning light switch...my van came to me with the centre switch location blanking plate missing,so this mod has also tidied that area up.
travelling man
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Altransit » Sat May 25, 2019 7:11 pm

Good result, thanks for posting the conclusion :D
1994 Mk4 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (R.I.P.)
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
Altransit
Site Moderator

Return to Transit Connect