*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Heated front screen

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Heated front screen

Postby RS2000MARK » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:31 pm

I have a 2003 LX with a heated screen. I've tried to use it a couple of times over the last couple of mornings but nothing. When I press the button I here a click come from behind the glovebox and the light on the button lights up. However the emblem on the button is square like for heated rear windows but I dont have them. I've been checking my fuse box in the engine bay and there is no fuse for the heated screen and only one connector in that location. Do you think its had the fuse box changed?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RS2000MARK

Re: Heated front screen

Postby Kenton » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:53 am

You dont have a heated front screen. That button is for rear window and auxiliary elements. You only have heated wing mirrors and heated washer jets. If you have rear windows with elements, the button will also operate those too.
Another way to prove this, is to look closely at your windscreen and see if you can see loads of thin black wiggly lines going vertically down. These are the heating elements. My LX has two buttons, one for the front screen, and the other - which is the same as yours, for the mirrors and water jets. I do not have heated rear windows.
Hope this clears things up a bit.
2005 T230 LX 90 TDCi LWB
ST 17" alloys
Focus ST170 seats
Fiesta Zetec S/W & G/K
Mondeo Inner Door handles & vents
Sport spoiler
Blacked h/lights
Side bars
Facelift rear lights
Lined/carpeted
Lowered on Gaz kit
110 intercooler
De-Cat
Remapped
Kenton
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby RS2000MARK » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:57 am

Hi, my windscreen has the wiggly lines in it. With all the comments of Facebook I'm guessing its had a heated screen fitted.

Cheers mark
RS2000MARK

Postby John235 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:40 pm

I had a replacement screen fitted a while ago, and the company fitted a heated one. My vehicle had most of the wiring, and the switch, but it had not previously had heated. The fitter from the windscreen company cut off the wires, even though I told him not to! The switch shown in the photo is for rear heated, so you have not got the switch, and probably not the relay and wiring
John235
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby lightning » Wed May 15, 2019 12:02 pm

The heated screen connectors under the scuttle panel get water in them and burn out, remove the plastic scuttle panels and check those.
It’s usually the passenger side one that fails (RHD van)
lightning
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Return to Transit Connect