*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Battery drain issue on ford transit connect 2008

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Battery drain issue on ford transit connect 2008

Postby domzy7 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:18 pm

Hi everyone, 

I noticed my battery was dead each morning, tested for a parasitic draw and found 250 milliamps on fuse (F48).

With this fuse removed, battery is fine without any issues. I checked the manual and it tells me that this fuse controls various things such as central locking, hazard warning lights, parking sensors. Although with the fuse removed they all work as expected. The only things that do not work are the re circulation button, interior light (when van is off), headlight warning buzzer.

The only thing that I am suspicious of is that when i push the fuse in, i hear a relay click inside the fuse box. 

I am struggling to find anything that is causing the fault and have disconnected lots of things to try and isolate it but without a proper wiring diagram or knowledge it's difficult.

Can anyone shed some light or tips on what to look for to identify what is causing the fault?
domzy7

Re: Battery drain issue on ford transit connect 2008

Postby connect2007 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:20 pm

Did you ever solved the issue I have exactly the same problem on my van?
connect2007

Re: Battery drain issue on ford transit connect 2008

Postby Churts » Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:52 pm

Hi all.

Did either of you find the resolve? I have a drain that disappears when removing F48, and when refitting it I hear a relay clicking on inside the fuse box.

Cheers.

Matt.
Churts

Return to Transit Connect