*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

2014 Connect Newbie with a couple issues

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

2014 Connect Newbie with a couple issues

Postby DeanF » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:31 pm

Hi All.
Recently become the owner of a 2014 connect lh1 limited.
Really impressed with the van compared to my previous Merc citan but i have a couple of really annoying issues which is dulling my ownership ☹
1st.
Smelt a damp pond water smell in the cabin, lifted the vin number cover and the floor coverings are saturated underneath the foam backing under the pu top is acting as a great sponge...... this is both passenger & drivers sides
2nd.
When reverse is selected Reversing Zone display pops up on the entertainment screen, reverse sensors beep normally and you see activity on the display, sound from radio is also muted, so all good there..... Take it out of reverse & the reverse display stays on the console & does not switch back to the radio display etc, drive away and still the display does not change, reverse lights are not on at this point, engage reverse the lamps illuminate, so reverse switch is functioning, only way to get the radio display back is to turn car off & back on....

All help much appreciated as i feel i shouldnt of sold my Merc, especially with the water issue ☹
Thanks
Dean
DeanF
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: 2014 Connect Newbie with a couple issues

Postby david56 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:51 pm

Damp carpets the vin number hole Is the lowest part of the floor so any spilt Starbucks ends up there. Eventually it should dry out. Have a look at the door seals.

As you have probably found out the reverse sensors go off after driving forward over 15mph.

With regard to your Renault/ Merc. They are french so will eventually get loads of electrical gremlins.
david56
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: 2014 Connect Newbie with a couple issues

Postby DeanF » Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:07 pm

Thanks for the reply.
If i stick my hand through the flap it is sodden all the way up, same on passenger side ☹.

Even when exceeding 15mph it still stays displayed obscuring the screen....it used to go back to the radio display after a few seconds once it was taken out of reverse......

Regards.
Dean
DeanF
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Return to Transit Connect