*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Another Connect Engine Judder Problem...

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Another Connect Engine Judder Problem...

Postby Driver101980 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:38 am

Hi folks, am a bit of a newbie here but been searching posts for a while without finding my exact problem.

I've bought myself a 2005 Connect 220 Tddi 75 lwb, ex-RAC and very clean (and very orange!). Never going to win any races but does the job.

It has one niggling fault, which is the not uncommon engine judder under light to mid throttle, usually around 1700-2000 rpm. It's more noticeable when the engine is cold. When it happens I can push the accelerator right down and it has no effect, just keeps juddering with little or no acceleration, but if I pull completely off the throttle and then go back on then it's fine.

Have tried disconnecting the vacuum to EGR but makes no difference. Also tried hard to remove the EGR pipe to fit a blanking plate, but one of the bolts just refuses to move, actually split two small sockets trying to shift it. I have tried a manual vacuum pump on the EGR, it holds vacuum and can hear movement. Also used a vacuum gauge to check operation from the solenoid, which seems to work fine. Have also checked for boost leaks, operation of the IAT and MAP sensors through the OBD socket and all seem to be fine.

Any tips or ideas would be massively appreciated! Am thinking maybe a fuelling issue with either pump or injectors, but not sure how to check these.

Sorry for such a long post!
The Tangerine Dream Machine - "it's a nice little van, shame it's orange..."
2005 Connect Tddi 75 lwb (ex-RAC)
Driver101980

Re: Another Connect Engine Judder Problem...

Postby me55iah » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:29 pm

my 2011 van had a similar issue which has slowly got worse and is now apparent the the dual mass flywheel is failing
me55iah
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Return to Transit Connect