*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

2011 Connect weird noise issue. Please help

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

2011 Connect weird noise issue. Please help

Postby crazySteve » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:27 pm

Hi guys,

My first post, usually I find search engines or YouTube solve most issues for me but on this occasion I'm clueless as to what is going on with my 2011 Transit Connect.

So the problem is I have a noise which sounds like I have something substantial stuck in my tire (like a bolt/screw or stone), the sound alters with the speed of the vehicle.... I start to notice the sound once I get moving above say 10mph, it starts off slow but as my speed increases the rate of the sound also increases and once I get upto 60mph+ its almost a constant noise? It's definitely a consistent noise, so not something randomly flapping underneath..This has been going on now for several weeks but this weekend is the first chance I've had to properly investigate, so over the weekend I have had the van on the jack checking each wheel for A= Something stuck in a tire, B= Worn wheel bearing, C= Worn break pads. After the following checks all seems to be OK?? I should add that I don't feel any feedback on the steering wheel whilst driving, or vibration through the peddles. Not sure if the lack of feedback means it could be a rear wheel issue? When I took the rear wheels off the pads looked OK the discs where OK, when I spin the hub by hand it turns although it doesn't spin freely, with the wheel back on whilst up on the jack the wheel is easier to spin, I've grabbed the wheel top and bottom and given it a good firm rock back and forth to check the bearing but there is zero wobble....

Has anyone got any idea what the problem could be? Or if there are any better ways to try and determine the fault?

Cheers!
Steve
crazySteve

Re: 2011 Connect weird noise issue. Please help

Postby me55iah » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:26 pm

theres a bearing mid way on the drivers side driveshaft jack up van and see if you can feel movement in that. if not hold the mount whilst you get someone to spin the wheel if it feels rough change it.
me55iah
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: 2011 Connect weird noise issue. Please help

Postby Paradoxdesigns » Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:59 pm

I know this is a old thread but did you ever find the cause? I have something similar going on and I can't figure it out!
Paradoxdesigns

Return to Transit Connect