*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Battery Life During Lockdown?

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Battery Life During Lockdown?

Postby axxeman » Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:58 pm

Hello guys. I have a fairly new heavy duty Exide battery, less than 12 months old, but if I leave my van unused for 7/8 days, it really struggles to start it, barely being able to turn it over.

Should it go quite so flat just from the immobiliser?

Thanks.
axxeman
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Battery Life During Lockdown?

Postby bortaf » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:41 pm

I'd say no, i have a new battery on my 07 fiesta and that will go 3 weeks before starting to struggle, you really need to get an amp clamp on the battery and see what the drain is, you may have to wait for the BCM to go to sleep (30 mins or so ? ) to get a propper reading, i have had a few fords where the door switch is faulty and even a gust of wind will turn the int lights on and off and wake up the BCM, mind you it never does it while you watch :evil: last one was a fiesta and that took me a week to find ! i ended up taking it home and putting a battery web cam in the frikken thing with movement alerts and cloud recording, hooked to my home wifi, got up next morning and watched the alerts back and the door open sign on the dash kept coming on and off, even though i'd switched the int light off the extra drain of the BCM keep waking up would kill the battery in a few days :roll:
Current fleet
Mk7 transit ambulance
Mk1 tourneo connect
Mk1 Mondeo 1.8 STD
Mk5 fiesta 1.25
Fusion 1.4TDCi
bortaf
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby blue estate » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:46 pm

Checkin fuse box area behind glove box
I found a old tracker in mine last week still connected so I pulled it’s fuses out for now

Sent while in Furlough
72plt MG 5 ev estate Battery car
blue estate
Remapped by Vantuner

Postby axxeman » Thu May 07, 2020 2:48 pm

Thanks. I suspect that I will have to stick a meter in line with the battery and see if there is a parasitic drain when off. Maybe I am just unlucky and the battery has gone bad quickly. I guess that can happen from time to time.
axxeman
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby blue estate » Thu May 07, 2020 3:01 pm

axxeman wrote:Thanks. I suspect that I will have to stick a meter in line with the battery and see if there is a parasitic drain when off. Maybe I am just unlucky and the battery has gone bad quickly. I guess that can happen from time to time.

If you've got the stereo code unplug it
72plt MG 5 ev estate Battery car
blue estate
Remapped by Vantuner

Return to Transit Connect