*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

2006 Transit Connect wiper issue

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

2006 Transit Connect wiper issue

Postby garden guru » Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:22 pm

Hi
very new to this so please allow me a bit of slack if I give wrong info...
basically I have searched for 3 days to resolve a wiper issue with a van I am trying to make good for my son....
So bought the old van and wipers stuck upright position. Occasionally they come on at high speed but then when you turn off or try to slow speed down they stop and will not come back on.
Tried to get arms off but hell they are well on....then thought if they are working occasionally surely not the motor? or linkage?......more likely a relay?? Now can I find which relay controls this operation.... I have found fuse box in glove box and fuse box under bonnet but cant see a relay for wipers? I can here clicking every couple of minutes or when I try to turn them on around glove box area.
I have looked at so many posts from previous but just cant see what I need.....maybe I just stick to gardening!!
Any help appreciated in advance
thx
iain
garden guru

Re: 2006 Transit Connect wiper issue

Postby garden guru » Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:37 pm

:D Have managed to solve this all alone :roll:
It ended up being the motor and lets say removing the wipers was a little stressy!!
Went to a scrappy and picked up the motor and linkage/ a fuse box/loads of relays and a couple of badges for £25 and a bit of time to remove all......cheap as chips :lol:
garden guru

Re: 2006 Transit Connect wiper issue

Postby Claredavis » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:02 pm

Hi where is the wiper motor relay located please?
Claredavis

Return to Transit Connect