*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

07 TDCI Connect

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Re: 07 TDCI Connect

Postby Kenton » Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:44 pm

No probs mate. I have had mine for just over 6 years now, and it was a very poor state when I first took it over. It lived its life in South London as an appliance delivery van (privately owned) doing very short, low revving journeys, but wasn't cared for either. Since then, I have done my best. Longer runs have helped, along with opening it up through the rev range every time I have driven it. And it has improved no end. Using proper expensive diesel, regular fuel treatments, changed injectors, glow plugs..... And not to mention a Vantuner Remap! I could go on. As far as the "sucky" noise goes - not sure. Could be noise from the turbo itself? A stethoscope test would maybe decide that? I know you said that the pipes have been changed, are they all seated correctly? Do you have a distinct lack of power? Maybe the vacuum pipe from the side of the EGR to the MAP sensor has a break? This is also common. If it makes the noise when you rev it on the spot, someone could rev it and you have a listen over the engine bay?.. :!:
2005 T230 LX 90 TDCi LWB
ST 17" alloys
Focus ST170 seats
Fiesta Zetec S/W & G/K
Mondeo Inner Door handles & vents
Sport spoiler
Blacked h/lights
Side bars
Facelift rear lights
Lined/carpeted
Lowered on Gaz kit
110 intercooler
De-Cat
Remapped
Kenton
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby bortaf » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:30 pm

Mines a 53 plate so early as well hense EGR change, the one issue i still have is very occasionly the revs will stick at about 1300 rpm when cold, turn the ign off and on and all is normal again ? nevr did get rid of that issue even with a new pedal and throttle motor/housing :? it does like a good ragging up the local A road mind you, once a week i really give the zorst a good de=sooting :lol:
Current fleet
Mk7 transit ambulance
Mk1 tourneo connect
Mk1 Mondeo 1.8 STD
Mk5 fiesta 1.25
Fusion 1.4TDCi
bortaf
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Dan78 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:38 am

Last week had the wet belts etc changed and a new water pump, the mechanic found one of the pipes from the egr to a sensor had come loose, which has now been replaced. They also put on a new silicone intercooler pipe into the egr side. Did another test and it appears the air noise starts about 1700 rpm and disappears before 2500rpm. Just got the intercooler to turbo pip to replace and then they will be all done. Still confused as to what the noise could be
Dan78
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby SandyHenderson » Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:20 pm

Not sure which year they changed the engines about but I'm sure the later models have injector problems. Mine is an 06 and I avoided those injector faulty engines. It could be that yours was made the year they changed things about.

From experience and hearing other transit (not just connects) drivers, these vans are bad at starting. Turn your key to warm up the injectors a few times before firing up the engine,dont wear out your starter motor trying to start it up. And pretty much everything Kenton said too, he's the man on here!
2006 T200L 1.8 Transit Connect 8)
Self Converted Micro Camper :wink:
Novice Mechanic Getting My Hands Dirty! :D
SandyHenderson
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Previous

Return to Transit Connect